How do I remove the pilot figure from the pilot's seat?

• In the xxx.tmd

<[graphics_human][Pilot][]

<[string8][GeometryList][ PilotBody ]>

<[uint32][PositionID][Fuselage.R]>

<[uint32][OrientationID][Fuselage.Q]>

<[uint32][ShowInside][0]>

the ShowInside value of zero hides the pilot. Blank value show the pilot.

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• Thanks. I can do that. Hmmm, no user control to opt out of the crew presence? duh. I seem to remember seeing some views without the pilot in my seat.

Ray

• Funny, I was just about to ask the same! I don't like to see 'myself' when I switch to another seat. And this afternoon I was horrified when I suddenly noticed a shadow of 'my' face behind me. ;) Hopefully the provided tip also works for the cockpit views: I ell give it a try this evening.

• The ShowInside property only seems to affect the PilotCamera view.

Other views will still show the pilot.

/Stu

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• Yep, it worked! I had to add the entire [0] bit though: it looked like this (Airbus):

<[uint32][ShowInside][CameraCoPilot CameraJumpSeat]>

and now it looks like this:

<[uint32][ShowInside][0][CameraCoPilot CameraJumpSeat]>

But er... my plane is being haunted because I can (seriously!) still see the shadow of the removed pilot...! Horror! 8|

• I was configuring for the ASG29 which only has CameraPilot so I did not realize you could specify alternate cameras for ShowInside.

Learn something every day (if you are lucky)!!

Stu

PS

ghost shadows with Vulkan?

I have noticed other shadow rendering oddities.

• If you change the tmd you should change it correctly. Stick to the syntax and don't introduce syntactical errors, which could cause the simulator to crash and reset your main config settings.

Correct code would be

Code

Without the 4th set of brackets.

Could well be the correct syntax but my untouched tmd files don't show it like that: most of the ones I checked show it like this:

or this

<[uint32][ShowInside][CameraCoPilot CameraRearSeatAhead CameraWingView]>

So after [ShowInside] there always are some a few more views within [ and ] and only after that the >

But er... I think I might as well just keep the default files as they are. (The ONLY alteration I make is to use the windows from the 737 in the Airbus because the Airbus windows spoil the view imho ;) but that's a matter of switching (and renaming files) and not fooling around with the content of them).

• Official Post

Yes but this is not correct:

<[uint32][ShowInside][0][CameraCoPilot CameraJumpSeat]>

this is ok:

or this

<[uint32][ShowInside][ CameraCoPilot ]>

or this

<[uint32][ShowInside][ CameraCoPilot CameraJumpSeat ]>

or this

<[uint32][ShowInside][ ]>

and this is ok too

But you have <[][][][]> instead of <[][][]> regardless of the content you fill in between those brackets and that calls for issues :D

I'd advice when editing the tmd file to never ever remove any [, ], <, or >... If you do and you have issues with the aircraft not loading, good luck finding that mistake again :D Trust me, you don't want to spend an hour to find it or start counting brackets

• Ah, ok, I got it. So no more than three sets of brackets between the < and > But where should you leave the [CameraCoPilot CameraJumpSeat] then in the example...? Simply replace it with [0] and forget about the 'CameraCoPilot CameraJumpSeat'? (Not that I feel inclined to mess up things anymore... ;) )

• Official Post

Ah, ok, I got it. So no more than three sets of brackets between the < and > But where should you leave the [CameraCoPilot CameraJumpSeat] then in the example...? Simply replace it with [0] and forget about the 'CameraCoPilot CameraJumpSeat'? (Not that I feel inclined to mess up things anymore... ;) )

Just delete it...

Or just comment out the entire line like this:

//<[uint32][ShowInside][CameraCoPilot CameraJumpSeat]>

or add a comment at the end of the line like this:

<[uint32][ShowInside][0]> // CameraCoPilot CameraJumpSeat

The ShowInside is a list of camera names in which the object should be rendered. If you remove the ShowInside line it is shown in all cameras as far as I know. And I think 0 does a similar thing. You could also just add the pilot camera to the list...

<[uint32][ShowInside][ CameraPilot CameraCoPilot CameraJumpSeat ]>