Nonexistent ILS's

• I was wondering if all the ILS's you see on the Navigation page which turn out to not exist at all once you get to your destination (which can be quite annoying) will be dealt with before the ATC update? I sometimes read (or at least get the idea) the various Navigation problems will all be solved when ATC arrives but I was wondering if a few things couldn't be solved before that already. Also because ATC is still a looooooong time away. (With Navigation problems I mean: all those ILS's that don't exist, not being able to search something on the Navigation page, lack of information like length of runways, the automated FAF, etc.) Isn't it possible to let someone spend a day or so to check the ILS's so the ones that aren't really there will be removed from the sim?

I just flew into KTRM and planned to land on runway 30: because it has an ILS (108.70 MHz) I supposed that would be the best runway to land on. Turns out (again) that there is no ILS at all and in fact this runway was the shortest one. Of course I landed the plane safely but I find these errors on the Navigation page (and the things that are missing) a bit annoying.

• Official Post

I don't think I ever wrote it's going to be there once ATC is there, I'm pretty sure I always wrote: on the way to ATC this might be a byproduct.

We've already discussed this topic extensively, we're aware of some ILSes that don't work, but we read them from the database, so something is wrong but we don't yet know where to look for.

• ILS installations are being progressively dropped in favour of various complexities of GPS approach.

IPACS might look at the newer more sophisticated GPS equipment which can offer ILS like information, from simple non precision (distance based) glide path advice (down to a minimum descent altitude) to highly sophisticated precision low decision height, three dimensional guidance with possible curved approaches, depending on the airbourne and ground based installations.

Only the top, local augmentation based option requires significant airport expense so ILS will eventually go the way of NDB and VOR and become a limited back-up alternative.

Edited once, last by Overloaded: Spelling (July 5, 2018 at 4:18 PM).

• While I am at it: during the last two days alone I had 2 misaligned ILS's, like this one (KCDC) where I am to far to the left. Yesterday I was too far to the right somewhere else. This might also be checked? Of course I'd have corrected this myself in time already but I've left the plane fly on AP this time to make the point clear.

• SkyVector airport info' is 200 degrees localiser and 202.7 degrees runway.

The CAT I ILS localiser offset is away from high ground only 3 miles to the left of the final approach and the terrain protected published decision height is 220 feet, 20 feet higher than the system minimum.

Edited once, last by Overloaded (July 6, 2018 at 5:53 PM).