Graphics card software no longer limits FS2 frame rate.

• Previous to the very recent post update-update my Asus 'GPU Tweak' software's 'Frame Rate Target' could hold FS2 at 60 FPS with unlimited selected in the Aero menu. Now despite 60 or 59 FPS being selected in 'GPU Tweak' the FS2 frame rate runs between 200 and 70 FPS in flight and about 900 FPS in the FS2 menu pages.

I have the latest nvidea sourced drivers and it was normal with the initial update about 10 days ago. I had found that a fixed 60 FPS gave me a very smooth display which I do not get with FS2 menu vsync. The best that I can get now is 120 FPS and below in the FS2 menu, I would much prefer a constant 60 FPS which is also my monitor refresh rate.

GTX950 2GB and OpenGL.

Is anyone having trouble with the Aermacchi's new DME?

• I got 60 fps again!,

I shut down Aero and restarted it and got the same. I went to restart my PC and saw an ominous Windows update pending and after that I got wild fps again😥.

I did another Aero shut down and saw a Steam update and now I have a constant 60 fps again and (mostly ultra) FS2 runs like a hot knife through butter, glorious smoooth.

OpenGL in use.

...I now get 60 fps with either unlimited or 120 fps in graphics settings...

(Rubbishy Anniversary Pentium, 2 cores running at 4.2 GHz, GTX950strix overclocked to near 99% GPU usage).

Edited once, last by Overloaded (July 11, 2018 at 5:42 PM).