Throttle linked to rudder pedals since last update ??

• Dear IPACS team,

Since the forced update from yesterday, the throttle of the C172 seems connected to my rudder pedals (hard-coded ?), despite nothing such is visible in the setup menu.

I deleted the main.mcf, but nothing does.

The DR400 was supposed to be fixed with the official release, but it still crashed the sim.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Official Post

There is no hard coded throttle / rudder mix. You might want to go to your control settings, click where it shows the rudder axis and then press backspace to delete the rudder assignment and repeat this until the axis display is not showing any line at the bottom. Then you just reassign the rudder axis that you want.

Deleting the main config won't fix this because the joystick settings are stored in another file: gc-map.mcf

Deleting this file is similar to resetting the joystick assignments with the button at the top right of the controls menu.

• Ok, thanks, I'll do this easy manip, but it's strange nonetheless, because when looking at current assignments, my rudder pedals are only affecting the rudder axis and my throttle lever is only affecting the throttle axis.

In other words, the setting menu doesn't reflect the real axis assignments.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Ok, thanks, I'll do this easy manip, but it's strange nonetheless, because when looking at current assignments, my rudder pedals are only affecting the rudder axis and my throttle lever is only affecting the throttle axis.

In other words, the setting menu doesn't reflect the real axis assignments.

Cheers

Antoine

I have the same issue.

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Same solution for you, then.

It works, but the bad news is the settings menu doesn't reflect the actual assignments.

You can have hidden assignments...

Cheers

Antoine

• Same solution for you, then.

It works, but the bad news is the settings menu doesn't reflect the actual assignments.

You can have hidden assignments...

Cheers

Antoine

It's strange. It happened after a CTD from clicking on DR400.

Left rudder (throttle increase) right rudder (throttle decrease)

Yes, there has to be hidden assignments, no doubt.

Cheers,

Paul

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• It's strange. It happened after a CTD from clicking on DR400.

That's very possible, since I also tried before the DR400, leading to the CTD...

• Delete the gc-map.mcf file located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 root folder. This should clear up this issue. Please keep in mind that you will have to re-configure your controller functions after you do this.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi,

I just wanted to add that I deleted my gc-map.mcf in documents\Aerofly FS2 folder last night and re-configured all my controller functions. I then went for a spin in the King Air C90 and my prop control was still linked to my throttle and my parking brake control also set the flaps. I am also having trouble setting both the move forward and move back controls (1 will set but not the other). May be other things but I just went for a quick spin.

• Go into the control settings and find the axis that is being affected by multiple inputs (e.g. the flaps).

Click in the middle area and press backspace. Then click again until the area is completely empty and no bar indicates that there is an axis assigned.

Repeat the process of deleting everything for the buttons to the left and right, too. At the end you should have no axis or button assigned to the flaps.

Then assign just your desired axis or buttons and then it should behave like it should.

• Thanks Jan,

I did try that before I deleted the gc-map.mcf file (I did not want to go through setting up on my controls again) but I will go ahead and try that again to make sure. Just out of interest are there control settings that are automatically set? I have a HOTAS setup and have a separate throttle control that I naturally use that as my throttle. However it is my axis control on my joystick that would normally be used for a throttle that I have set for my prop control. When I move the prop control it moves my throttle however if I move my throttle control it does not move the prop. Everything however does look correct on the control settings page.

• Yes we created default assignments for most of the controllers that you can purchase. If you use multiple controllers you can unplug or un-select the device in aerofly, then delete the unwanted control assignment (e.g. like your throttle axis that is no longer desired) and then plug in or re-enable the device.

Currently the interface doesn't properly display multiple assigned axes, which we are aware of and which is on the todo list...

• Thanks Jan, I will do as you suggest. Just out of interest is there a file for the default assignments I can just delete?

The default assignments are all in the gc-map.mcf file

Deleting it will reset all controller settings and rebuild as default

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff