A question from a friend that I gifted the game to.

• I recently gifted FS 2 to a friend on Steam. He is urging me to get my money back because he is having a very frustrating problem. ;(

He cannot click on the Aircraft button from the main start-up menu. Every time he puts the mouse cursor over that button a separate, second immobile mouse cursor appears somewhere on the screen. The cursor that he is controlling will not click on the button. All the other buttons are functional except for the Aircraft button.

He has done a full reinstall, and has run the file integrity check. In desperation he has even tried a different mouse. Any ideas what is wrong?

Please help. So far my good deed has only been punished.

Bill

• Let him use the arrow keys on the keyboard: that should do the trick. No real solution for his odd problem but at least he should be able to pick a plane! The entire interface of AFS2 is very 'arrow key friendly'. ;)

• Let him use the arrow keys on the keyboard: that should do the trick. No real solution for his odd problem but at least he should be able to pick a plane! The entire interface of AFS2 is very 'arrow key friendly'. ;)

That worked for him, thanks!

Now let's figure out what is going on with the mouse. Please?

• Jet-Pack, your response is exactly why I am asking and not him. It is sure to put off an average user, and he is not what you might call a computer expert.

I can't really imagine why he should have to tell me all that just to find out why his mouse cursor won't click the button, but I will try and find out.

• He must have some unique software or even hardware feature as this is an unknown phenomenon.

I still find it almost unbelievable that I have such a truly high performance, high visual quality and high fidelity flight simulator in my kitchen. The sophistication of what IPACS has delivered cannot be underestimated and the developers are regularly going out of their way to help people here with problems which are frequently down to personal PC issues which will offer them little in return to help improve their sim.

Good luck with the mouse!

• Official Post

He wouldn't happen to be opening Aerofly up in VR mode would he? In VR mode you see the bigger mouse along with the smaller mouse and if you don't hover the correct one it wont work.

Just a thought here because this is an odd issue that would be hard for us to replicate.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• No, he doesn't have VR. But thanks for all the attempts to help. He informs me he will just use the arrow keys for now. As I expected, he didn't know the answers to most of Jet-Packs's questions anyway.

Let's hope he is as impressed with FS 2 as we are and leaves FSX behind.

• - touchscreen?

- mousepad (laptop)?

These are two hardware situations that can show two mouse cursors the same time, however not specific to a programme.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal