Sneak Peek of our upcoming South Florida and the Florida Keys Scenery Package

• The most important question that hasn't been asked yet is: how many airports will this package contain?! And will they all be fully modelled?

Another question: will the entire region have full cultivation or just Miami? The main reason why I seldom fly around New York is the total lack of cultivation outside of the inner city.

That was my first question too ;)

• Are we being a bit unfair about New York?, I like navigating by eye using SkyVector maps with help from dialed in nav' radios and the visual fidelity far, far outside of the city is first class. I'd prefer good photo realism to a blanketing of simplistic uniform size and colour 3D buildings that look like something from FSX or earlier.

Having bought New York I will not hesitate to buy any more scenery made (or whatever) by IPACS.

• the visual fidelity far, far outside of the city is first class. I'd prefer good photo realism to a blanketing of simplistic uniform size and colour 3D buildings that look like something from FSX or earlier.

To each his own. ;) I prefer photoreal over FSX landclass but I just don't like flat photoreal (so without any buildings on it). It just doesn't look real to me. Of course I prefer well designed buildings instead of simplistic boxes but I rather have boxes than just flat photoreal textures. Cities just don't look like cities at all that way. So I am looking forward to South Florida and TrueEarth Netherlands!

• Generic autogen buildings that at least have the kind of style/textures that part of the world contains is what I'd prefer with even just landclass textures, rather than straight up photorealism. I would have not bothered with AFS2 if not for the autogen possibilities. I really hope that all other DLC areas get this treatment at some stage. Orbx are supposed to be releasing Switzerland cultivation for free sometime soon.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• From a reasonable height the photoscenery looks more life-like to me, some add on scenery has an attention grabbing 'scattering of sugar cubes' look that just screams "FAKE". It is good enough for FSX but not for FS2. Much of the problem could be that the new building lighting, texture, tone variation and sharpness is not being carefully made compatible with the existing 24 hour presentation of the core Aerofly scenery.

There was some news of amateur artists doing criminally destructive restorations of Italian Renaissance Master's work, that is sort of how I see some 3D work. I really like the New York look.

I'd love carefully modeled photo real individual buildings on the approach to Berne. It is currently so unlike YouTube video of the southerly approach, especially with any trees, that I feel disappointment every time I run it. There was some Berne DIY work shown a while back but to be convincing a city needs attention to detail in the order of the Manhattan scenery, I don't think the Swiss scenery is ever going to to brought up to the top FS2 standard. It is my favourite scenery and I'd pay for improvements but so much attention lies elsewhere.

• Generic autogen buildings that at least have the kind of style/textures that part of the world contains is what I'd prefer with even just landclass textures, rather than straight up photorealism.

Haha, well, as I said: to each his own! This topic made it clear how different our preferences can be! ;)

From a reasonable height the photoscenery looks more life-like to me

What is a reasonable height? Even at FL320 the flat 'suburbs' of for instance San Fransisco annoy me, haha! Sometimes I don't even like the small groups of 3D buildings in cities because it only makes the rest look so flat LOL 8o

I'd love carefully modeled photo real individual buildings on the approach to Berne. It is currently so unlike YouTube video of the southerly approach, especially with any trees, that I feel disappointment every time I run it. There was some Berne DIY work shown a while back but to be convincing a city needs attention to detail in the order of the Manhattan scenery, I don't think the Swiss scenery is ever going to to brought up to the top FS2 standard. It is my favourite scenery and I'd pay for improvements but so much attention lies elsewhere.

I'd pay BIG money to have approaches like into Orbx's Innsbruck EVERYWHERE! ^^ So far that is the greatest approach in the entire sim imho. It looks totally real! Which is exactly why I am looking forward to TrueEarth Netherlands. Not that all airports will be as good as Innsbruck but at least they will all have precisely placed cultivatation all around and hence a great feeling of depth. I expect to enjoy TrueEarth Netherlands in the C172 for a long, long, looooooong time. An entire country (small as it is) with an addon airport quality: can't wait! I am looking forward even more to TreuEarth PNW, which I am sure will be the best scenery addon ever.

I visit the Orbx forum a few times every day in hope for the final preview of TrueEarth but so far no luck... I can't remember anticipating a scenery addon this much. But er... this is going a bit OT: of course I am also looking forward to the Florida DLC. A must buy, that's for sure.

• Have you flown into Innsbruck? It is amazingly FSX like in real life! There are scores and scores of medium rise buildings of the same height and similar size in the centre, it really is instantly noticable. The city must regulate construction tightly.

I have never flown down the Hudson but the New York buildings have a convincing quality even if the fine colouration doesn't please locals.

I must visit the Netherlands soon but is it a bit flat?, the outer/inner complex coast looks very interesting from above.