Airport Creation Problem

• I was successfully able to create some scenery for my home area of Brisbane, Australia using the scenery creation part 1 tutorial. It looks pretty amazing in FS2. Now I now want to add an airport to my scenery. I followed the airport tutorial and created a TSC file, placed it in the places folder, but the airport never shows up in FS2. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Have attached my TSC file for reference and have renamed it from tsc to txt to allow it to be attached. I have tried creating the file with both Notepad and Wordpad but nothing I have tried works.

Can anyone advise what I have done wrong?

yred2.txt

Thanks, Chris

Win 10 64-bit, 24GB RAM, i5-9400F @ 3.9, 6GB Nvidia RTX-2060

• Thanks whitav8. :)

I hadn't noticed that the program developers has swapped the usual Lat Long for Long Lat. Obviously a rookie mistake by me, but I wonder why would they did this anyway? This would also explain why my TMC file wouldn't produce any image files initially, as I caused the same problem there. It was only when I used the excellent 'Convert FSET to Aerofly TMC File' web page that I was able to get image files created for FS2. I had wondered why that worked but my original TMC didn't, but hadn't noticed anything obvious when I compared the 2 files.

Thanks, Chris

• I made all the Lon Lat corrections but still no luck on seeing the airport in the Location screen or when flying over the location. Corrected TSC attached. I am wondering if maybe FS2 doesn't support airports in the southern hemisphere, although the images work fine. Any help would be appreciated. yred4tsc.txt

Thanks, Chris

• Thanks Ed

That worked just great and the airport is selectable in the Location menu. It didn't create any visual runway just the option in Location so I guess that is a separate process. I see there are video tutorials on that.

Thanks, Chris

• Chris, there’s a nice tool for quickly creating airports on the net. Look for it at fscloudport.com.

If you want more and you have a 3D graphics program like 3dsmax or AC3D plus some patience, you can follow the excellent videos from Rodeo. Look for all of them in the Wiki section of Aerofly.

Cheers, Ed

• Thanks Ed. Fscloudport looks like a easy way to enhance the visually impressive scenery created using Geoconvert. 3dsmax and AC3D are a bit advanced for me at this stage, although I have viewed one of the tutorials for AC3D anyway.

Thanks, Chris