• Flight sim news site FSElite has published an interview recently done with Orbx CEO John Venema. This is what he had to say when asked about AFS2 development...

"We work very closely with IPACS on projects and share tech between our companies all the time. There are obvious technical issues to solve as we introduce new systems into AFS2 but working so close with IPACS allows us to overcome those obstacles in good time. AFS2 has so much excess framerate bandwidth that adding new systems won’t diminish its performance as we move forward. We have TrueEarth Netherlands coming out for AFS2 in the next week or so, followed by the UK, Pacific Northwest, Germany and perhaps many more. We previewed Palm Springs airport at FSExpo in June running at 200fps on a laptop with full PeopleFlow2 support – What a sim! We have internal tools being coded in conjunction with IPACS and other contractors to allow us to rapidly build out airports and other aspects of terrain, so we are investing all the time to accelerate the development cycle for that sim. Vulkan will provide even more headroom for further tech to be added."

As well as some interesting info in that paragraph, there's the news that TE Netherlands will be released very soon. :)

Check out the full interview here - https://fselite.net/originals/fsel…bx-john-venema/

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• I like the "TrueEarth Netherlands for AFS2 coming in the next week or so, followed by UK, PNW, Germany and perhaps more"

I hope we don't get South Florida DLC and TE Netherlands on the same day, or maybe I do. duh. :)

Regards,

Ray

• I hope Germany covers a mile or two into Austria, trying a run from Salzburg to Innsbruck is just a bit too rough at the minute. It is also some of the prettiest Alpine scenery, they surely can't leave ugly dissimilar texture joins like in the IPACS Swiss scenery near Geneva. The Innsbruck join on the 20 DME mile localiser mountain ridge is not too bad.

• Prepare your drives for around 80+ GB.

Well........ Remember, the P3D version has five (I think) seasons, and the Aerofly version won't, so in fact it could be smaller!

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Haha. I don't. I want Orbx to keep making scenery for all the different flight sim platforms. :) It's their thing. But at least the connection between them and IPACS seems very strong.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• Great news indeed! What is particularly exciting, apart from getting access to new hi-res areas, is the fact that all “objects” (buildings & bridges etc.) in AFS2 has “hard” attributes. What this means for those of us chomping at the bit for the R22, is that unlike X-plane and P3D where the annoying feeling of “sinking through” on landing a helicopter is ever-present, there are literally millions of useable “helipads” waiting to be explored. This is going to be just fabulous!!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Great news indeed! What is particularly exciting, apart from getting access to new hi-res areas, is the fact that all “objects” (buildings & bridges etc.) in AFS2 has “hard” attributes. What this means for those of us chomping at the bit for the R22, is that unlike X-plane and P3D where the annoying feeling of “sinking through” on landing a helicopter is ever-present, there are literally millions of useable “helipads” waiting to be explored. This is going to be just fabulous!!

That's one of the things that bothers me so much in X-Plane. I've actually used the World Editor to add rooftop helipads to various buildings for my pleasure. Such as the MetLife (PanAm) building in Manhattan, as well as a few buildings in downtown Chicago.

That's why I love flying the Huey and Gazelle in DCS World. You can land on any building rooftop, ship, or any other hard surface, which is incredibly rewarding and fun! Ground effect is fully modeled as well.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.