Custom Aircraft (S-211) does not load anymore after update

• After the latest AFS2 update, my S-211 model (almost finished) does not load anymore.
    Trying to load it crashes the sim.
    Can we have some detail of what has changed or any hint on what may be causing the issue?
    Is a new Aicraft SDK being released?
    Sorry if I may have missed some important news on this topic...

• These are the error messages I get upon loading the S-211 (most of them are due to copy-pasting code from the S-211 and referencing non-existent geometries... this was not a problem before):

19.34-tmimage: loading model s211...

19.34-tmmodelmanager: model: (name='s211') (directory='C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/s211//')

19.34-tmimage: loading configfile 'C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/s211///s211.tmc'

19.34-tmmodule: contact points 3: (3.594 0.000 -0.559 r=0.170) (-0.215 0.950 -0.471 r=0.230) (-0.215 -0.950 -0.471 r=0.230)

19.46-tmcollision: ERROR: (texture 'usaf-pilot-normal' not found)

19.47-tmcollision: ERROR: (texture 's211_t_2' not found)

19.81-tmcollision: ERROR: (remove invalid texture at index 'normal')

19.81-tmcollision: ERROR: (remove invalid texture at index 'diffuse')

19.84-tmimage: loading dynamics begin 'C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/s211///s211.tmd'...

19.85-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'Control' is not a member of type 'multibody_joint' hash=9497216087285842810.

19.85-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'Control' is not a member of type 'multibody_joint' hash=9497216087285842810.

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: duplicate object 'HeadingAngle'

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: duplicate object 'VarioInput'

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: duplicate object 'VarioMapping'

19.85-tmfile_properties: property |Control| not found in this context |multibody_joint|

19.85-tmfile_properties: property |Control| not found in this context |multibody_joint|

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'NoseGearCompressed' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: property 'NoseGearCompressed.Output' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsFlash' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsFlash' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsFlashCop' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsFlashCop' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsBcn' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsBcn' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsBcnCop' not found

19.85-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsBcnCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsNavDim' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsNavDim' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLightsNavDimCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLightsNavDimCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'SwitchLt' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'SwitchLt' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobHudBrt' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobHudBrt' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'BrightnessHUD' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: property 'BrightnessHUD.Output' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsConsole' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsConsole' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsConsoleCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsConsoleCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsFlood' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsFlood' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsFloodCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsFloodCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsInst' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsInst' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobLightsInstCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobLightsInstCop' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'KnobAdi' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'KnobAdi' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: geometry 'Fuselage12' not found

19.86-tmcollision: ERROR: object 'Fuselage12' not found

• This is what I get upon loading the DR400 (compiled straight from the SDK - no changes from my side):

14.09-tmimage: loading model dr400...

14.09-tmmodelmanager: model: (name='dr400') (directory='C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/dr400//')

14.09-tmimage: loading configfile 'C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/dr400///dr400.tmc'

14.09-tmmodule: contact points 3: (1.371 0.000 -0.545 r=0.180) (-0.260 1.212 -0.570 r=0.160) (-0.260 -1.212 -0.570 r=0.160)

14.49-tmimage: loading dynamics begin 'C:/Users/Dino/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/dr400///dr400.tmd'...

14.50-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'GeometryBlurred' is not a member of type 'propellergraphics' hash=2165193870802315177.

14.50-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'GeometryDisk' is not a member of type 'propellergraphics' hash=15927520934796559352.

14.50-tmfile_properties: property |GeometryBlurred| not found in this context |propellergraphics|

14.50-tmfile_properties: property |GeometryDisk| not found in this context |propellergraphics|

• The DR400 hasn't been made compatible yet. It works for no one right now.

Maybe, but trying to identify why it's causing AFS2 to crash is still interesting if the tm.log can track this info.

It looks like it's not the case however...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Official Post

Start by deleting all the geometries that were not found, all lines that say error geometry not found are caused by obsolete names in the geometry lists, so you are referencing parts of a 3D model that don't exist. You probably have a lot of objects in the graphics section that are not actually used right now and were copy paste left overs from another aircraft. Delete these unnecessary objects until you don't see any "geometry ... not found" errors

• Ok, after quite a lot of work the S-211 is back in the virtual skies :)

For the record, in order to get it to fly I had to get rid of all the errors...and I ended up rebuilding the .tmd almost from scratch, starting from the MB.339 tmd (and hoping for better compatibility for future upgrades). The new build seems to have ZERO tolerance, which may be considered by some a good thing.... but I was used to leave unused geometry (e.g. for controls which I meant to make operational in future) in the .tmd... which is now not allowed.
    Also duplicate objects and other stuff were found.

• I have no idea yet.

At the moment it needs more work on the cockpit (basically the interactivity of the controls is quite limited at the moment) and it is missing the radios. Apart from that, it is pretty much done.

Then I have no idea on what will be the best distribution stategy.

• I have no idea yet.

At the moment it needs more work on the cockpit (basically the interactivity of the controls is quite limited at the moment) and it is missing the radios. Apart from that, it is pretty much done.

Then I have no idea on what will be the best distribution stategy.

Great bird ! Congratulations ! We are looking forwards to fly this beauty :)

Best regards from Switzerland

• Thanks for the appreciation guys.

When I said "the best way" to distribute this, I meant that it is still to be determined whether it will be payware or freeware. Those who know my works in FSX/P3D know that I have a (small) registered business for flight simulation products (IndiaFoxtEcho Visual Simulations) and the S-211 model is from a payware FSX/P3D project (including also the M-311 and M-345). But rest assured that, if it will be payware, it will be inexpensive.

For the record, I also have started the conversion of the M-326 package and the F-35 (A version only...unless AFS-2 will suppor STOVL) but they are both in a very early stage.

• AND... The Penny has dropped.... Dino!

I am delighted to see that someone of your design stature is working on an AFS2 aircraft. This is a turning point that I have hoped for since I came across AFS2 almost a year ago. Many of us in this small community have said that additional aircraft is a missing part of the puzzle that needs third party involvement to fill it.

I wish you every success, and when you have cracked this nut, may I recommend that you find a way to teach what you know to other established designers, even if you are the one to gather them into a team.

Thank you for taking the time to explore the vision that many of us have for this sim.

Now, first request for an RAF Hawk trainer when you are ready!

As for payware vs free... As one who made his living from the flightsim world for seven years, I say go commercial. You do not want to burn out, and your abilities are worth it. Having said that, please check with IPACS, there may be legal restrictions in the use of their conversion tools when it comes to creating commercial projects. Get those i's dotted and t's crossed as it may impact your distribution method.

Regards

Kenneth J Kerr

Edited 2 times, last by KJKsimmer (July 20, 2018 at 1:24 AM).

• Fantastic looking plane and great paint scheme s. What made you start with this particular one?