• Dear developer, question about gates at airports. Every few years I notice a major improvement in simulation and now it is gate numbers, including markings on taxiways and aprons. Zurich LSZH is a work of art and true to life. It has become my base to fly from now. I recreate live flights on liveatc.com in realtime, and the gate numbers at LSZH are really great.

Are there any other airports with gate numbers, and plans to make more? I will be upgrading to Aerofly FS2 soon, so am interested to know. Seems that KJFK has gate numbers but no markings on the ground?

I appreciate you have a list of to do items and this may not be a priority.

RE: ATC

On another topic, with regard to adding ATC, personally I would just implement CPDLC comms and automated verbal ATIS, and maybe expand the text data-link to include ground/tower etc... I think that vatsim and others are probably a better way to go for verbal ATC. I think that human voice ATC will become redundant once full automation takes over in the future. I have discussed pilot-less civilian flight with many people, and the reason I believe it will happen eventually, is because the most dangerous part of aviation right now are the pilots and controllers, as much as they try not to be. Our ATC is a 1950's obsolete system and a disaster waiting to happen, and honest pilots will admit that human error is a significant problem. Recreational flying is another matter altogether, no problem there. My comments refer only to civilian airliners with PAX and cargo. My opinion is that accidents will always happen, but once the computers take over there will be fewer accidents. I have spoken to people in the industry who are convinced that such a thing will not happen in our life time and don't believe in "safe" 100% automated flight. I dont agree with them.

Favourite album: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

My ride: MB339, B744, Aerofly FS Global, Ipad Pro 2022/11 1TB ipadOS17

XBox Series X/S wireless controller (model 1914)

Edited once, last by HKATER (July 18, 2018 at 10:43 PM).

• I think that human voice ATC will become redundant once full automation takes over in the future.

Could well be but today and for years to come we will still have to deal with ATC, so IPACS, don’t stop working on it, please! (Not that I thought you would... ;) )

• J van E, yes I understand the desire for ingame ATC. My views are just mine, and I don't speak for the community. I expect almost everyone wants it. I am a black-sheep in that regard.. best wishes and hope you get your ATC. :)

• J van E, yes I understand the desire for ingame ATC. My views are just mine, and I don't speak for the community. I expect almost everyone wants it. I am a black-sheep in that regard.. best wishes and hope you get your ATC. :)

Well, it won't be 'my ATC' because from day 1 I preferred IPACS working on a weather engine...! ;) The main reason I want to see ATC getting done is the hope that IPACS will start working on weather after that! ;) Still, I think that ATC will come with a lot of other additions (like a better flightplanner, use if SIDs and STARs, etc.) so I am looking forward to it anyway.

• The day we see automatic ATC controlling multiplayer.... what a great day it will be! :S

When someone asks for multiplayer in flight simulation quite often the answer is that you have Vatsim, IVAO... etc. But those are quite professional online services, quite intimidating for casual flyers.

Until then we'll have to wait for ATC v1.0 to be released. :)

• The day we see automatic ATC controlling multiplayer.... what a great day it will be! :S

When someone asks for multiplayer in flight simulation quite often the answer is that you have Vatsim, IVAO... etc. But those are quite professional online services, quite intimidating for casual flyers.

Until then we'll have to wait for ATC v1.0 to be released. :)

Real live radio is to difficult for me, especially in english. So I'm not with Vatsim. ?( May be, in the future IPCAS supports an multiplayer server with automatic ATC controlling. ;)

• When someone asks for multiplayer in flight simulation quite often the answer is that you have Vatsim, IVAO... etc. But those are quite professional online services, quite intimidating for casual flyers.

Agreed. I also find it intimidating and I have been a flightsimmer for over 30 years. ;) Besides, my home situation doesn't allow me to use my voice for ATC... 8)

Talking about automation: how boring will flightsimming become if we also get fully automated planes...?! 8|

• Yes fair points about online flying and Vatsim and ATC. It is very hard. About ingame ATC, my preference is text, though I understand others dont share my love for text. I like text because it feels more real to me ingame. You don't have to worry about accents and different peoples voices around the world. Every ATC I have heard in a sim sounds robotic which is OK for ATIS, but doesn't sound right for ATC. With a clever shortcut menu you could get set phraseology and only need to press one key on the keyboard. It works because in real ATC they use set phraseology as well. My first flight in Vatsim, with that sound chime and the text box at the top of the screen was a great sim experience for me. That chime sound would scare the hell out of me - OMG I have to do something now! Yes to get the most out of Vatsim you really need to start small. One airport, one light GA plane and invest alot of time learning - not for the casual gamer. I agree that for alot of people that is not a fun experience. I am also not a big online multiplayer fan - I like solo play, so I get all of your points. Its the reason I currently prefer using the liveatc.com website for my flying, either as background chatter or trying to recreate a real flight.