Welcome to South Florida and the Florida Keys! Get your copy on Steam today!

• Hey Gang,

If you haven't added this new South Florida DLC to your flying areas I highly recommend that you do. I grew up in Florida, learned to fly there and accumulated all my rating there. Even so, I never managed to fly over Fort Jefferson, never landed at Tamiami, now Miami Exec, and never read the history of Biscayne National Park or Dry Tortugas National Park.

I bought my copy within hours of it being available on Steam but immediatelyi left on a 2 week vacation. I am now back and have some time to look around at some of the details.

I am flying with the South Florida DLC on my center screen with fsWidgets maps active on my left screen showing my position, speed and altitude, and using Google Maps on my right screen to zoom in on anything of interest.

I had no idea that so much new stuff would be included. Like all the new trees, tons of custom buildings, a grass runway, great presentation of all the different colors of water, manatees, people walking along the beaches, boats and ships, new detailed cars in parking lots and of course the 9 new airports.

This DLC has a very nice mix of general aviation airports, large and small, several commercial airports, 2 military airports, and private airports.

I was taxiing around Miami Exec and noticed several new repaints have been added. Nothing spectacular, but very nice and clean new colors. Take a look at the attachments.

This got me thinking that some of us would be interested in a dedicated thread showing the improvements that have been added. I can think of several groupings, like trees and plants, people, manatees, boats, aircraft repaints, historic buildings and lighthouses, and of course some of the custom buildings.

I could spend a week exploring the Dry Tortugas park area and Fort Jefferson. While we wait for the R22 and heliports, I am working on adding a small runway on Bush Key near the fort using fsCloudPort. This would be a barebones runway for the Cessna and other slow flying planes.

Maybe we can start uploading screenshots with a hint on where to find all these new items.

Thanks Jeff and IPACS.

Regards,

Ray

• new to aerofly and just picked up the florida addon... when I fly at night I noticed huge blocks of lights coming on as I fly, its like a movie were a whole section of a city is dark and all the sudden the lights come on...how can I fix this?

• new to aerofly and just picked up the florida addon... when I fly at night I noticed huge blocks of lights coming on as I fly, its like a movie were a whole section of a city is dark and all the sudden the lights come on...how can I fix this?

What are your system specs?

You should first make sure that you are running the latest graphics card drivers, directly from the vendor and not from Windows Update.

Also, are those 'blocks' green by any chance. If so have you set a flight plan using the navigation screen?

Be sure to check our full Aerofly FS 2 user manual and wiki to get the most out of your experience HERE

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I have reported this back already in a meanwhile deleted post and if you book it as stated in another thread then you should know.

The lights of large cities popup in big squares as you near them (start over Miami in night and fly north).

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• This is kind of a side effect of how simulations handle loading of new areas. It was a problem that was very prevalent in X-Plane up until recently where they found a way to depict fake lighted areas in the distance ahead of the aircraft. It's sort of solves the problem, but I'm not sure the solution is very convincing.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• huge blocks of lights coming on as I fly

I'm still not too sure what you are describing here. I'm unable to replicate this so please be a bit more specific.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Sorry dr hotwing, i think my description is quite clear: start over miami heading north and you will see it.

My response was for Dave73 not you.

And again, I'm unable to replicate this and need more detail. Perhaps a screenshot of what you are talking about.

I have flown this around 1,000 times now and the lights are exactly how they should be.

Regards,

Jeff

• Oh, you mean the cultivation popin?

This isn't a bug, it's just a graphical vs performance limitation balance that we have to do in a flight simulator. We have to set a point to when the point lights are loaded into memory; There is a limitation to how far out to load cultivation, and with that many lights and buildings loading in this particular scenery it's pretty much unavoidable.

The problem here is that the scenery is mostly flat so there are no distant mountains to help mask this sort of thing from being more apparent.

The only suggestion that I have is to increase your fog (visibility) setting to try to mask some of this in the distance.

Unfortunately there isn't too much that we can do about this without creating stuttering and/or FPS issues in areas of extremely high cultivation.

Regards,

Jeff

• OK, understand. I tried with the visibility but unfortunately fog is not distant visibility. It would help if one could really set a distance for visibility. Fog (the actual visibility in Aerofly FS2) decreases the visibility in general and not just in the distance. In real life it can be very clear where I am but in the distance it is foggy. But I guess this will be part of the weather overhaul.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Yes indeed, fog/haze improvements would be a part of a weather overhaul. I also agree with you that there should be a 'haze' layer that masks a distance parameter to help with stuff like this. Natural haze would help reduce or even eliminate popin.

Regards,

Jeff

• hey...first id like to say im not trying to make anyone upset...i love aerofly and support it alot, im already invested more into this sim with the addons than i have with xplane.

I am only mentioning this because i didnt see it mentioned so i didnt know if it was me or the sim... I loaded up xplane11 and flew the same north direction and didnt see any lights turning on.

Again, i love aerofly and want more than anything for this sim to destroy xplane...for my own reasons, so please dont take it as im trash talking the game...i just wanna make it the best!!!

• How can I get this and Utah if I didn't buy the Steam version? I bought the download through Aerosoft, stupidly.....

The South Florida DLC is available through Aerosoft as well. You will need that copy.

You can find it HERE

Regards,

Jeff