Welcome to South Florida and the Florida Keys! Get your copy on Steam today!

• I think this is the most "challenging" scenery to date in terms of frame rate. I can fly VR with the Oculus Rift in Chicago with the SS set to 2.0, but in Miami to keep everything smooth 100% of the time I have to lower that to 1.6. It is a fair trade-off to get such excellent scenery.

My highest framerate with all settings maxed was about 353FPS, so in actuality there was no problem flying the scenery with 2.0 settings in my rift. My actually thoughts were that there was no existing sim that was going to be able to match these speeds in VR for a looooong time.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• My highest framerate with all settings maxed was about 353FPS, so in actuality there was no problem flying the scenery with 2.0 settings in my rift. My actually thoughts were that there was no existing sim that was going to be able to match these speeds in VR for a looooong time.

Yes, we packed this scenery more than any other currently out, yet the performance and FPS is still high :)

This scenery took us a long time to get just right, and we are all glad that everyone is enjoying it. We are receiving a lot of praise for this so it made it all worth it; especially for me :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

Key West is my second home. It's one of the greatest places in the world. It's what inspired this DLC to be born.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hello dear team! many thanks for your work! it's really fun to fly in florida! I hope you continue like this? will there soon be airports in europe or germany ???

• A lot of us who have done some scenery using the tool set would really enjoy hearing about the approach taken for Miami and the keys. Where did you get all of the building footprint and height data it looks so good. How about some of the special models required for the airports and downtown. The textures used on the buildings look very nice. How did you do the water blending. We’re not seeking all of your secrets but it would be great to hear how much effort it was and what were some of the Breakthroughs. This entire effort looks as good or better than ORBX.

Much congratulations on a difficult job done well.

Dave W.

• Just spent a week vacationing with the family in Palm Beach and Miami. So I'm looking forward to adding this to my scenery collection!

Thanks

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• For those of you who purchased our South Florida DLC we just released a small update to improve the taxiway lights positions at Key West airport, added taxiway lights at Miami Opa Locka airport, added the control tower at Miami Executive, and some other smaller items mentioned by our wonderful community.

Thank you all for your support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I meant are the city lights extra bright or has the visibility slider been adjusted? I wanted to try thick fog with about a mile of visibility. Obviously lit objects are seen further out but lights about ten miles away are visible with my slider at my one mile unlit-object visibility slider position.

Getting everything adjusted perfectly so that everyone is satisfied is virtually impossible to do. If we lower the point lights they wont look right in VR and will be too dark in 2D. If we keep them the same, yes you will see them more through the fog. We did take some time to adjust the lights so that they are somewhere in between. Recently we also improved the point lights to blend better with the house lights for VR, and it was well received in the community. So I think we hit our sweet spot for lights.

Regards,

Jeff

• DLC for DVD owners?

Is there a link or listing of add-on scenery and other DLC content for owners of the DVD version of AFS2?

What is the latest news on AFS2 program updates, It seems like Steam customers get all the new stuff and

DVD owners are out of luck.

Thanks

• DLC for DVD owners?

Is there a link or listing of add-on scenery and other DLC content for owners of the DVD version of AFS2?

What is the latest news on AFS2 program updates, It seems like Steam customers get all the new stuff and

DVD owners are out of luck.

Thanks

We just uploaded version 2.01.05.35 for DVD and stand-alone owners to our update location HERE

This is the latest update available.

You will be able to purchase the South Florida DLC shortly as well.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hallo,

habe heute die Version für DVD Version South Florida DLC über Aerosoft gekauft. Ich bin total begeistert. Ein herzliches Danke an alle die daran gearbeitet haben.

Ein kleines Manko musste ich aber feststellen, im Nordbereich sind keine Bäume zu sehen. Hat man dort eventuell zu viele Forstarbeiter mit ihren Sägen eingesetzt? :/ Lach.. ^^

Viele Grüße