Ordered the Ocolus Rift

• With cockpit sims you can get sick two different ways. If your computer can’t keep up and you get stutters, you may not even realize it’s happening but it can be a nausea inducer. You might want to keep an eye on frame rates until you know they are good and adjust settings as necessary.

The other cause is just having what you see be moving when you don’t experience the same thing. The more cockpit you have around you and the gentler your flight, the less tendency for feeling sick. Aerobatics in the Bücker would probably be worst for that but are a kick.

Also, based on my experience I would suggest short initial flights with time breaks in between. Don't fly around for 45 minutes or more in shear amazement like I did, not realizing I was slowly feeling the effects of VR sickness?(

It's a real phenomenon (motion sickness without motion). I had to put the HMD down for a couple of days, then start out with brief flights until I built up my tolerance (VR legs). https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comme…yed_30_mins_of/

Now I can fly for hours with no issues.

Love it! No going back to 2D monitors for me. Can't wait for higher resolution (I have a CV1).

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• I also wouldn't recommend inverted flight right off the bat. ;)

haha I forgot to mention that part. It didn't help that I was doing aerobatics in my DCS P-51D, LOL

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• Also, based on my experience I would suggest short initial flights with time breaks in between. Don't fly around for 45 minutes or more in shear amazement like I did, not realizing I was slowly feeling the effects of VR sickness?(

It's a real phenomenon (motion sickness without motion). I had to put the HMD down for a couple of days, then start out with brief flights until I built up my tolerance (VR legs). https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comme…yed_30_mins_of/

Now I can fly for hours with no issues.

Love it! No going back to 2D monitors for me. Can't wait for higher resolution (I have a CV1).

Thanks Redtail, Is it worse than sea sickness?

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

Edited once, last by Kloot (July 27, 2018 at 9:50 PM).

• I also wouldn't recommend inverted flight right off the bat. ;)

no inverted flight? Doo.... :D

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Thanks Redtail, Is it worse than sea sickness?

I got sea sick for the first time while on a cruise ship several years ago. It was horrible, I had to sleep it off for a few hours. Much worst than my VR sickness.

Fortunately the VR sickness subsided and I've been able to enjoy the VR experience ever since, because I was really worried that it would be a dealbreaker.

That was why I waited a few days before trying it again. Just didn't want to rush back in and be disappointed.

Now as far as sea sickness. It's never happened to me on small boats, only the cruise ship. I've only taken one cruise after the first, and I took Dramamine ahead of time ;)

I've only been airsick once, and that was during my first aerobatic lesson a few years ago. I went up on an empty stomach in order to avoid vomiting.

Instructor said that wasn't a good idea.

Well, I didn't vomit LOL

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

Edited 2 times, last by Redtail (July 27, 2018 at 11:02 PM).

• I've only been airsick once, and that was during my first aerobatic lesson a few years ago. I went up on an empty stomach in order to avoid vomiting.

Instructor said that wasn't a good idea.

Well, I didn't vomit LOL

I remember handing my instructor the bag I had filled on my first aerobatic lesson, after that I was never airsick again.

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Were you able to get the software to install successfully? If not, do you have an antivirus other than the built in Windows Defender? If so I'd try temporarily disabling it and running the installer again... might be blocking something or preventing the software from adding necessary firewall exceptions.

• Were you able to get the software to install successfully? If not, do you have an antivirus other than the built in Windows Defender? If so I'd try temporarily disabling it and running the installer again... might be blocking something or preventing the software from adding necessary firewall exceptions.

Finally have it installed, still not able to run AFS2? working on it.

Handy cultivation tools

• I can't remember if this is necessary, but I think you need to go into settings on the Oculus software and enable the option 'allow unknown sources', since AFS2 isn't from the Oculus store. After the first time you get it to launch in VR mode, it should show up in your library within the Oculus software.