Virtual Reality absolutely ROCKS in AFS2

• Silly question, I have upped the Pixels Per Display Pixel Override to 2.0 in the Oculus Debug tool, which has made it easier (clearer) to read the instruments.

Is this the same things as the RENDER SCALE FACTOR setting in AFS2?

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• And you do get used to the "motion" sickness. It takes some time, but it does eventually happen. Ya have to kinda push through it.

VR is amazing, no doubt! I have to say besides the VR in FS2, once you get your hands, your actual visual hands inside the cockpit with Leap, it takes VR to yet another level.

• And you do get used to the "motion" sickness. It takes some time, but it does eventually happen. Ya have to kinda push through it.

VR is amazing, no doubt! I have to say besides the VR in FS2, once you get your hands, your actual visual hands inside the cockpit with Leap, it takes VR to yet another level.

So Leap and Oculus Rift go nicely together?

I am having issues reading the airspeed indicators and so forth. I have followed all the guides regarding headset adjustment, card settings yet still blurry. Any suggestions pkaser?

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• So Leap and Oculus Rift go nicely together?

I am having issues reading the airspeed indicators and so forth. I have followed all the guides regarding headset adjustment, card settings yet still blurry. Any suggestions pkaser?

It will never be quite as crisp as a flat screen, but like pkaser implied, if you wear glasses you still need to wear them in VR. It took me a week to figure that out. It should be clear enough that it isn't an issue, except for some magenta figures on CRT's.

• It will never be quite as crisp as a flat screen, but like pkaser implied, if you wear glasses you still need to wear them in VR. It took me a week to figure that out. It should be clear enough that it isn't an issue, except for some magenta figures on CRT's.

Can you read everything in the Q400 cockpit in VR...? I sure couldn't. And I had RSF at 2.0. VR in its current state simply is blurry/low res.

• I got sick not a nice feeling, but I hope I get over it

The sick feeling can be caused by stutters if you have the graphics settings too high and/or super sampling too high.

To test for stutters, fly a F-18 at +500 knots down low over NYC/Manhattan - when you fly real close to the Empire State Building it should look perfectly smooth when it passes by. If it doesn't, then you need to lower your super-sampling and/or graphics settings.

I fly my Samsung Odyssey / 1080 combo with SS = 1.5 and Graphics at U, H, H, M, L, L and get zero stutters during high speed low flying and snap rolls.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• The sick feeling can be caused by stutters if you have the graphics settings too high and/or super sampling too high.

To test for stutters, fly a F-18 at +500 knots down low over NYC/Manhattan - when you fly real close to the Empire State Building it should look perfectly smooth when it passes by. If it doesn't, then you need to lower your super-sampling and/or graphics settings.

I fly my Samsung Odyssey / 1080 combo with SS = 1.5 and Graphics at U, H, H, M, L, L and get zero stutters during high speed low flying and snap rolls.

I will test it out, thanks Ken.

Handy cultivation tools

• Okay, I have tried every imaginable setting to no avail. Glasses on or off I found the visual better with glasses off.

I am unable to read the ASI in the Q400, yet when I look up the overhead panel is quite clear?

There is no stuttering, it's very smooth flying, just the cockpit is blurry :(

Any suggestions welcome :) thanks in advance.

Handy cultivation tools

• Hi Gooseno1,

when you are longsighted, you will not need glasses for the rift, as you always will have a focus into the distance.

Make a screenshot please of your unsharp ASI. For this, change the AFS2 VR settings to "Show normal view on Main Monitor".

Then you can decide: Is already unsharp in the original or only visible via your rift.

Beside of that: set pixel density in AFS2 to 2.0 and all original oculus settings to default.

Cheers,

Thomas

Cheers, Thomas

• Hi Thomas,

I have tested native view show and not show, both are very clear on the screen but not in the Oculus Rift.

Even my son (16 years old) with great eyesight said it's blurry and could not adjust it with the Oculus Rift itself.

Handy cultivation tools

Edited once, last by Kloot (July 30, 2018 at 10:03 AM).

• Hi Thomas,

I have tested native view show and not show, both are very clear on the screen but not in the Oculus Rift.

Even my son (16 years old) with great eyesight said it's blurry and could not adjust it with the Oculus Rift itself.

Nothing odd about what you're seeing in my experience. I only fly Cessna & Bucker in Rift - or anything with big dials, which is why I hope Aerosoft bring out the JU52 soon. I'll move onto the more complex aircraft when the next generation of VR comes out as I like things to look sharp.

• Even my son (16 years old) with great eyesight said it's blurry and could not adjust it with the Oculus Rift itself.

This simply is how it is. The effective resolution of current VR simply is low res. No matter what others may say, most of the dials and text in the cockpit are hard to read in VR unless you lean in forward a lot. I wouldn't really call it blurry (at least not with RSF at 2.0) and I can somehow imagine someone calling it 'crisp' but then it would still be low res. This isn't such a problem in planes with big gauges like the C172 where (with RSF at 2.0) even the small lines on the gauges look quite seperated (with RSF at 1 they are all blurred into one big white blob) but in planes like the Q400 things like texts above buttons or little texts on displays really are unreadable unless you lean in forward (a lot). The same goes for the scenery: destination runways look like a bunch of pixels until you get near them. I always had a hard time seeing my destination airport in the distance until I was close.

Again, no matter what others may say, the resolution of the graphics with the Oculus is low. It's a fact. The IMMERSION can still be totally awesome though. Some people can overcome and ignore the blurriness and low resolution but I couldn't. I found it a shame how all that sharp and crips detail was wasted when using the Rift which is why I am back to 2D. (Other reasons are the fact that it's hard to do something else while flying and, in my very personal cage, migraine.)