Aerofly not closing properly in vr

• I've noticed recently that when closing aerofly fs2 while on the oculus rift, a box pops up on my normal monitor saying Aeroflys main executable has stopped working. And it all freezes there until I close that box. Anyone else have this problem?

• Are you running the Steam version?

If so, have you tried to run the Steam file integrity check on Aerofly FS 2? Also, delete the main.mcf and reset the graphics settings.

These two things should reset everything for you and may stop that crash.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Are you running the Steam version?

If so, have you tried to run the Steam file integrity check on Aerofly FS 2? Also, delete the main.mcf and reset the graphics settings.

These two things should reset everything for you and may stop that crash.

Yes I'm running the steam version. It's not done this in the past. I've just done all that you said and it still does it.

• I've found it but how do I send it to you.

Until then, Here's the info on the windows pop up when it stops:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: aerofly_fs_2.exe

Application Version: 2.1.5.37

Application Timestamp: 5b605ab3

Fault Module Name: nvapi64.dll

Fault Module Version: 23.21.13.9124

Fault Module Timestamp: 5aaaeef7

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000000000009bd62

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 8525

Additional Information 2: 8525d3879ec72643715ea6f214c4e76e

Additional Information 3: 1d96

Additional Information 4: 1d96c66d656abfe81f8884a6a22dbf56

Edited once, last by Testchamber (August 2, 2018 at 10:38 AM).

• nvapi64.dll is part of NVIDIA Windows drivers, have you installed the latest version?

My version is 24.21....

Win10-x64 | ASUS X370Pro | Ryzen 5 1600X | G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3200 | 2TB SSD Samsung 860 | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 |
    ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q 100Hz | TM T.16000M | CH Pro Pedals | CH Flight Sim Yoke | Oculus Rift

• Can you copy/paste the while tm log please.

It does appear from this small snippet that you should look at your graphics card drivers; Make sure that you are using the latest drivers for your video card DIRECTLY from the NVidia website and NOT from Windows Update.

Once you update your graphics card drivers, delete your 'main.mcf' file located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 root folder.

If you have the Steam version of Aerofly, you should also run the Steam file integrity check on Aerofly to make sure you don't have any corrupt files in there.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• OK it appears that you have some system issues going on here. First you will need to run a clean install of your GPU drivers directly from NVidia and get the latest drivers. There are functions added to Aerofly that require you to have the latest video card drivers installed.

Take a look at these lines;

ovrError_Initialize
    0.77-tmimage: System error: -2147467262 (80004002) -- No such interface supported
    0.77-tmimage: Description: Failed to create DXGIFactory.
    0.77-tmimage: OVRTime: 193.198781
    0.77-tmimage: Time: 2018-08-02 09:31:33 [435:941:600]
    0.77-tmimage: '
    0.80-tmsyswin: checking if running in windows compatibility mode: (reported=7.1) (real=6.1 '6.1.7601')
    0.80-tmmodelmanager: init window: (mdf=75Hz) (window=524x216x987x791) (client=1495x969) (screen=2560x1440) (32bpp) (75Hz) (windowed mode)
    1.07-tmmodule: initializing opengl...init window: (mdf=75Hz) (window=524x216x987x791) (client=1495x969) (screen=2560x1440) (32bpp) (75Hz) (windowed mode)
    1.32-tmmodule: creating opengl context: (createcontextarb) (trying OpenGL Core 4.5= ok) (samplebuffers=0) (colorbits=32) (stencilbits=0) (depthbits=0)
    1.33-tmmodelmanager: gl: (version 4.5) (core profile) (vendor=NVIDIA Corporation) (renderer=GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2) (version=4.5.0 NVIDIA 391.24)

Make sure that you are using only the default settings for Aerofly in your graphics card control panel, and also make sure that you have the latest Oculus version installed as well. It appears that you are receiving a system error due to your GPU driver set.

My suggestion is to install the latest NVidia driver set, set the NVidia control panel to use default values, delete the main.mcf file, and run Aerofly. This should fix your problem.

Regards,

Jeff

• This is odd. It looks like this could have something to do with your system configuration. You are still getting a system error from either the driver set or Oculus software (OVR runtime).

How do you have your Oculus VR system set up?

At this point I'm convinced that the problem has nothing to do with Aerofly, and your GPU should work just fine with Aerofly.

This could be an OS issue, Oculus issue, or what you have plugged into your PC.

At this point I would begin to start unplugging the peripherals that you have plugged in one by one, and check to make sure nothing is running in the background.

Let me make sure that I have this correct; You can run Aerofly fine but when you close the application you receive a Windows error?

And did you run the Steam file integrity check on Aerofly? This will fix any corrupt files.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes you have it correct, I can run Aerofly fine. It's just when I click to close the application I get the error. And i also did the steam integrity check.

I'll check again my end, but i actually have very little plugged in. Same as usual.

My oculus has 3 sensors going to a Fresco logic usb3 hub one of the sensors goes to a usb2. That's it.

• OK so Aerofly software is clean. It's your system causing this on you. It's coming from either a service or runtime crashing, likely OVR. With this said, I'm glad it's not affecting your enjoyment of Aerofly but unfortunately you will need to continue to troubleshoot this from your end as I can't really open the can or worms troubleshooting your PC.

Suggestions (but don't hold me to them):

* reinstall Oculus software

* reinstall your OS (you can do this without deleting your applications)

Regards,

Jeff