Help with scenProc error

• Hey guys, I'm slowly but surely learning how to create my hometown area. I've spent a few hours reading forums and searching the web but I have to throw the towel in and ask for help. Using scenProc I run into errors for Plants and Buildings. However The Light cultivation part does not give me an error. How does one get rid of " CreateAF2Plant Error CreateAF2Plant requires between 4 and 5 arguments" Screenshot of error -imgur

Thanks

• Hi ZoSoChile,

Arno, the developer of scenproc added some more options to the command line of CreateAF2Plant.

If you point with the mouse to the command, you'll get a help window.

In this new version we can specify the plant group and the plant species.

Please refer to this thread about valid group and species entries:

About Plant Cultivation

Regards

Rodeo

• So in other terms I followed "Cultivation Made Easy". Under Tutorial Requirements I click on link "Definition file used in tutorial" and download and unzip Aerofly_Rodeo.spc I then use scenProc and open up aerofly_Rodeo.spc and get those errors under "Create Af2 Plants" and "Create Af2 Buildings." I've messed around and deleted the Plants and Building script lines, and the errors went away. I clicked "Run" and made a successful Toc file that just had street lights. Maybe i'm just missing something so simple and right in front of me. Perhaps in time I will figure out how to get it working. Visual learner. Thanks for taking time.

• like rodeo said, Arno added some more options and I'm assuming you are using the development version.

Change :

..."tree"|8;25|broadleaf

To:

..."tree"|8;25|0|broadleaf

Add that |0 to each element that requires the altitude to be set

• Hey guys, so i've used scenProc for the cultivation and since I live in Midwest Wisconsin I have to use JOSM. Again no problems with lights and buildings. I don't have the scenProc error anymore thanks to adding the "|0|"but for some reason no matter how many different areas and how many times I run scenProc, it never GENERATES trees. I outline them in JOSM. Anyone have a specific script I could get? Or perhaps my "AF2_config" file is wrong?

Here is the script i'm using for trees.

Cultivation Script.txt

So close to making it all happen!

Thanks again.

• I've had AF2 for over a month now and i've finally tackled the cultivation of my hometown. Thanks for the suggestion on Cultivation from photoscenery Ed! I think it definitely will save time on future areas vs. using JOSM for trees. Still curious as to why scenProc fails to generate trees from JOSM file ?

Many thanks!

• So in other terms I followed "Cultivation Made Easy". Under Tutorial Requirements I click on link "Definition file used in tutorial" and download and unzip Aerofly_Rodeo.spc I then use scenProc and open up aerofly_Rodeo.spc and get those errors under "Create Af2 Plants" and "Create Af2 Buildings." I've messed around and deleted the Plants and Building script lines, and the errors went away. I clicked "Run" and made a successful Toc file that just had street lights. Maybe i'm just missing something so simple and right in front of me. Perhaps in time I will figure out how to get it working. Visual learner. Thanks for taking time.

Late to the party, but this comment made me feel better about my own frustration (albeit 2 years later) in figuring out why the simple way is not so simple. I refuse to give up though. I'm encountering errors too and feel some sadness especially for those of us new and trying to learn that are spending hours following tutorials that have not been updated or flagged in some manner to ensure those of us that are green do not waste time trying to figure out why the scripts are causing errors in scenproc. If the scripts are no longer valid take them down, don't point to them, or at least inform people that they need to be updated in some way, It's hard enough to learn all of this, to have to go on a wild goose chase. But I remain determined!