Extra 330 view: which one do you like more?

• Tell me which view you prefer: the first one or the second one!

I know which one I like more! The second one! I never liked to fly the Extra 330 because of the reflections (which probably are the worst of any plane) but now I found out how to get rid of those I fly it a LOT more!

If you want to know how to get this done PM me: I rather not post unsupported 'tweaks' anymore. (It's similar to but another fix than the one I posted earlier this week: this fix keeps the glass color and 'moving reflection': totally transparent glass looks odd on this one.)

• If you want to know how to get this done PM me: I rather not post unsupported 'tweaks' anymore. (It's similar to but another fix than the one I posted earlier this week: this fix keeps the glass color and 'moving reflection': totally transparent glass looks odd on this one.)

Used your original post on this subject. For me it is an improvement and happy to take any risk with altering files to achieve what I consider to be an improvement.

Can you give me access so that I may PM you please?

Thanks

Mick

• Can you give me access so that I may PM you please?

I just send you a PM!

Afaik I have everything enabled when it comes to using PM...? The problem here is that you apparently can't send someone a PM by going to their profile and clicking on a button, like you can on other forums. You have to click on the Conversations icon, select Display All (on the bottom), click on +CREATE CONVERSATION, start typing a name under Participants and select the name you want from the popup list. That's the only way I can send a PM to someone.

• I haven't flown the Extra in awhile. I can't remember if the reflections are there in VR (I only fly in VR), but I'm not a fan of them either. I'll check when I get a chance and if they're visible, I'll be in touch ;)

The Extra is a fun little airplane!

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• Well, if you fly your sequence you don't recognise it. Only in normal flight you have time for. But I guess it would be nice to have half intensive reflections.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• and i mean... If you look at this:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

there IS a lot of reflection for real.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• there IS a lot of reflection in real live.

Yes, there sure is, but those are real reflections, moving depending on your view and getting more or less obvious depending on the background and lighting. The ones we've got are painted and stuck on the window. Besides, in real life you see through them somehow when you focus on the distance: in the sim everything is sharp (at least on a monitor). I am not saying it is realistic to remove the reflections but I really like the sim a lot more without those baked in reflections. Once IPACS has programmed REAL reflections into the sim, I will turn them on again. ;)

• It's a legitimate feature request to add internal cockpit canopy/window reflections as an toggle option.

This may or may not be trivial to implement depending on existing software design.

Realistic reflections are very expensive performance wise. You likely wouldn't want to waste frames to have them.

Hopefully the developer will add to near-term wish list and address in turn.

They did add lens flare toggle recently.

• In your second picture you don't see the canopy, what isn't realistic. It looks like you haven't one, sitting in fresh air. I prefer reflection.

That's because it is a static picture. During flight you actually do see the canopy: first of all you see the little window on the left and everything outside has a 'white tint' due to the color of the glass, but more importantly you see the 'motion effect' (or whatever you call it) that IPACS has put in all the aircraft windows: this makes the presence of the canopy very obvious. And if there are any shadows you will also see them. So the canopy is far from transparent! As I said in my opening post: a totally transparent window looks odd indeed in this plane.