Saving a flight; starting at the gate; entering slew mode

• Currently we have a different approach to these items. First off, saving a flight isn't available just yet but Aerofly will resume where you left off before you closed Aerofly. As for starting at the gate, you can choose from various locations at each airport or you can even add your own parking locations by adding them to the airport TSC file. And entering slew mode we have a developer mode camera that will allow you to position yourself at different camera angles, this is mostly used for making and modifying scenery for now.

Each of these items will be changed in future updates so they are all currently only as preliminary in Aerofly.

To learn more about Aerofly and current features you should check out our official wiki site HERE

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• While it is not supported, and potentially can break a lot of things with new updates, some users take a backup of the main.tsc file as a "save point". You could have multiple of these, and restore them, but again, with AFS2's large changes, they may break in the future. My 2 cents

• Currently we have a different approach to these items. First off, saving a flight isn't available just yet but Aerofly will resume where you left off before you closed Aerofly. As for starting at the gate, you can choose from various locations at each airport or you can even add your own parking locations by adding them to the airport TSC file. And entering slew mode we have a developer mode camera that will allow you to position yourself at different camera angles, this is mostly used for making and modifying scenery for now.

Each of these items will be changed in future updates so they are all currently only as preliminary in Aerofly.

To learn more about Aerofly and current features you should check out our official wiki site HERE

Hi Jeff, I’m new and getting things “off the ground” so to speak. I am very interested in the part about adding your own parking locations at the airport TSC file. Is there a tutorial on that? In FS you added a line to the aircraft .cfg file to designate it as a heavy for the ATC. I assume this is a similar procedure?

Thanks

Gary

• Hi Gary,

if you open an airport .TSC file with a text editor, you'll see this section:

Code
            <[list_tmsimulator_parking_position][parking_positions][]
                <[tmsimulator_parking_position][element][0]
                    <[vector2_float64][position][-119.083448 47.920292]>
                    <[float64][heading][231]>
                    <[string8][name][Start Position #1]>
                >
            >

You can now duplicate the section and modify the coordinates:

Get these values from Google maps by clicking onto the desired position.

Note:

Pay attention to the brackets.

Pay attention to the order of the coordinats.

Be aware, that an update of the IPACS or OrbX airports may remove your additions.