Netherlands True Earth !!!

• Amazing how detailed it is! Really great.

However I must say Amsterdam Schiphol is ugly like a default airport in FS9, not one single gangway, buildings with very bad textures.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Have done my first flight: from Rotterdam to Amsterdam via The Hague. Absolutely incredible. The graphics, thick autogen and smooth performance make VFR so much more enjoyable than in P3D. It allows me to really appreciate all the detail. This makes me want to boot up the sim and just fly around the area. I plan on next doing a passenger jet flight from Zurich to Amsterdam.

I will admit one thing though (and I know Jeroen will go off on this one :P), but in the city areas with the denser building autogen I do get the occasional quick stutter. My settings are on Vulkan and full except shadows which are on the second highest.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• However I must say Amsterdam Schiphol is ugly like a default airport in FS9, not one single gangway, buildings with very bad textures.

Well, I agree on this. I suppose that the huge amount of details incorporated on the scenery made no room for more sophisticated airports. Anyway I think ORBX could have done a better job on the airports.

Probably a future upgrade for some particular ones, being of course EHAM amongst them?.

Cheers, Ed

• I also see some loading stutter in Amsterdam. It is just like in the Chicago scenery. I suspect it is inevitable.

Same here. I had similar problems with uncompiled huge cultivation files in my own area. Possibly the big amount of special objects? I should try to move the Netherland True Earth scenery to the smaller SSD to see if it's any difference.

Can someone compare Amsterdam Airport with the P3D Version? Is it the same Detail and just the movable Fingers are missing from the PD Version? Or is it designed from scratch?

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Amazing region ! Spent way too long flying over the Netherlands last night and have not yet seen all of the detailed landscape. They did a great job placing all the buildings and trees, this makes even the countryside without individual buildings a pleasure to explore.

Great job ORBX - thanks !

• I will admit one thing though (and I know Jeroen will go off on this one :P ), but in the city areas with the denser building autogen I do get the occasional quick stutter.

I decided to not go off on anything anymore on this forum so everyone can relax. I will keep my contributions to the absolute minimum here. But since you mentioned me: yes, I also get stutters due to objects loading in the distance. It was to be expected. I already had that with dense IPACS scenery and with so much detail in TE I am not surprised to see frequent stutters all the time (I am using an SSD). Maybe IPACS can think of a system where things are being loaded in smaller batches and more constant instead of an entire city at one time.

• @JvE, (or anyone else familiar with The Netherlands) any recommendations for a bit of sightseeing?

I'm enjoying EHWO north to Rotterdam then once North of Rotterdam hang a left on about 311 degrees over Delft (famous for blue pottery), go low over the cathedral, carry on to The Hague then head on about 55 degrees and land at Valkenburg

• It seems that it was no time to add jetways to EHAM or it's just me?. Haven't tried yet any other airports, but presumably it'll the same. Not good.

Cheers, Ed

No jet ways - very, very disappointing for me also. :( Even IPACS has jet ways at many of the Colorado airports. Hard to figure this one out - must have been the pressing deadline. Maybe we will see them arrive in an update. :)

Another thought is that was intentional so they can bring a stand alone airport for EHAM to AFS2 a little later.

Tulips, Blue Delft Pottery, and windmills are the Netherlands. On the good side, there are lots of windmills (all the exact same modern model, but what the heck) and some nice cross-country power line stanchions. :P

It is easy to recognize Phil's work on many of the runways.

Regards,

Ray