Netherlands True Earth !!!

• Even IPACS has jet ways at many of the Colorado airports.

In KMIA they've put all the jetways too, but that was IPACS.

To me the runways also look too black at the airports I've tried so far, like if all of them were recently made in asphalt.

I'm not really an expert in the area to say the scenery representation in the cities are close to real or not, but the amount of objects and buildings is quite impressive.

Cheers, Ed

Edited once, last by edpatino (August 17, 2018 at 3:27 PM).

• I think that a lot of you who are complaining are over doing it.

It's their first region release for Orbx and I think they did an amazing job, I ratter have a beautiful region with many upgraded airport (because they are know for super detailed airport) then one airport. 40+ airports + an amazing region for 50$, wow!

I think that some of you guys should go back to FSX juste to appreciate the TE Nederland and FS2.

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

It's their first region release for Orbx and I think they did an amazing job, I ratter have a beautiful region with many upgraded airport (because they are know for super detailed airport) then one airport. 40+ airports + an amazing region for 50$, wow!

I think that some of you guys should go back to FSX juste to appreciate the TE Nederland and FS2.

Ben

I agree.

Ben

There is no need to be insulting. They just disagree with you. They don't deserve disdain.

Having said that, I think it needs to be remembered that this is a regional scenery, and not an airport scenery. We should expect less detail at these airports than we get in an airport specific add-on. I am satisfied with the detail we have gotten at Schipol and the other airports, and I am impressed with the level of detail I am seeing in the cities.

Now just extend this level of detail to the rest of the world and I will be happy. :P^^8);)

• OrbX need to generate their income like any of us, so if they can build a region with passable airports, then make and sell more detailed versions, I can't see a problem. For £26 you are getting a whole country in an amazing level of detail, I'd be happy to shell out for a few more airports down the line. However, if the region cost £100, but included 20 payware quality airports, I think I would have given it a miss.

I think OrbX are clever by releasing material at pocket money prices so you can build up your collection.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• OrbX need to generate their income like any of us, so if they can build a region with passable airports, then make and sell more detailed versions, I can't see a problem. For £26 you are getting a whole country in an amazing level of detail, I'd be happy to shell out for a few more airports down the line. However, if the region cost £100, but included 20 payware quality airports, I think I would have given it a miss.

I think OrbX are clever by releasing material at pocket money prices so you can build up your collection.

Well said... but I guess that sadly for a lot of Steam Gamer 50$ AUD is way to much money already.

JV (ORBX CEO) made us understand lately on the ORBX forum that for now, they basically work for free for X-plane and FS2.. their core platform being P3D and if everyone would do what I did it, not buying anything for P3D, it would put them out of business.

I am one that stop buying anything lately for P3D because my rig can cope with it.

That said I will buy anything that come out from anyone that make something decent for AF2. Because a love that sim.

Also, I do think that lately ORBX is pushing to much the airport detail...

FS2 is the only sim that is not a slide show, even FSX was sometime one.

Cheers, Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• Seven threads now open talking about Netherlands in one way or another. Please use just one thread for reporting issues.

Thank you

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff