Obrx True Earth Netherlands for AFS2 freezes ~ 5 min

• Just flying along enjoying the flight and BAM. Everything freezes. Rebooted, restarted the flight and started getting a popup error that Steam webhelper had stopped working - could not clear this recurring popup. Then Aerofly FS2 locks up. hmmm.

tm.log attached.

Regards,

Ray

• It will be interesting to see what this turns out to be. The beta testers went over Netherlands with a fine toothed comb, and while its not perfect, nobody ever reported anything similar in weeks of testing.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• It will be interesting to see what this turns out to be. The beta testers went over Netherlands with a fine toothed comb, and while its not perfect, nobody ever reported anything similar in weeks of testing.

I am downloading a new NVidia driver now. Hopefully, that will the problem.

Regards,

Ray

• Jetjockey10 August 17, 2018 at 12:45 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “New Obrx True Earth Netherlands for AFS2 has a few gremlins embedded” to “Obrx True Earth Netherlands for AFS2 freezes ~ 5 min”.
  • Requesting Support.

Screen lockup at about 5 min flight time.

Latest NVidia driver installed. i7-4790K @ 4.00 GHz 16 GB RAM. GeForce 970. log attached.

Regards,

Ray

• Ray, three things here.

1) Is this ONLY happening when running the new Netherlands scenery?

2) Have you tried to run in OGL instead of vulkan?

3) do you have any custom scenery in or around the Netherlands area? Custom meaning any scenery besides ours or Orbx.. If so please remove it for now.

Please test this to see how it runs first. Temporarily switch from vulkan to OGL rendering and first try to fly at or around another area besides Netherlands. Does it still crash?

If the test goes well, try to fly Netherlands again using OGL rendering. Does it crash?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• No crash using OGL. duh. I will do some testing of other areas and other settings. I may have some fsCP airports in the area - I will check that also.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ray

Next day update.

It seems the Vulcan (beta) selection is the culprit. When using OpenGL the scenery runs just fine. Unfortunately, if you have AA problems you will lose the advanced AA associated with the Vulcan (beta).

No problems once I switched from Vulcan (beta) to OpenGL.

Regards,

Ray

It will be interesting to see what this turns out to be. The beta testers went over Netherlands with a fine toothed comb, and while its not perfect, nobody ever reported anything similar in weeks of testing.

I wonder if anyone on the beta team tested this with the optional Vulcan (beta)? ;)

Regards,

Ray

• Next day update.

It seems the Vulcan (beta) selection is the culprit. When using OpenGL the scenery runs just fine. Unfortunately, if you have AA problems you will lose the advanced AA associated with the Vulcan (beta).

No problems once I switched from Vulcan (beta) to OpenGL.

Regards,

Ray

It crashes on me no matter if i'm using Vulcan or Open GL