Turn on streetlights earlier?

• The airport runway lights do turn on earlier than the streetlights - I often find this sweetspot as it makes airports easier to spot. If you have the time adjust +/- mapped to one of your joystick rocker switches you can find that trip point.

IPACS may be delaying the streetlights for framerate reasons - daytime details plus streetlights may create a higher graphics load vs a dark city with streetlights (just a guess).

• That seems like a logical guess to me. Perhaps even having in game brightness etc.(make moon light brighter) settings would help. It's especially hard to see the ground at night with the true blacks of the Samsung Odyssey. None the less it could look beautiful if those lights turned on just a bit earlier. Or who knows maybe it wouldn't. Thanks for the response Ken.

• IPACS may be delaying the streetlights for framerate reasons - daytime details plus streetlights may create a higher graphics load vs a dark city with streetlights (just a guess).

Of course. I'm one of those who gets hundreds of frames per second, so I doubt my system would balk that much if streetlights were added. I suspect they probably have another reason, probably having to do with wanting to offer a solution that doesn't require them to go back with constant fixes.

In other words, they probably want to get it (mostly) right the first time..

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• That seems like a logical guess to me. Perhaps even having in game brightness etc.(make moon light brighter) settings would help. It's especially hard to see the ground at night with the true blacks of the Samsung Odyssey. None the less it could look beautiful if those lights turned on just a bit earlier. Or who knows maybe it wouldn't. Thanks for the response Ken.

On the opposite I cannot get a dark night in AFS2, it keeps way too bright to me.

That's the only point where default XPlane 10 is superior to other sims : just starting on a clear sky, pitch dark night with the default C172 at Seattle (default scenery) immediately recalls me the very specific feel of Night VFR.

I cannot recreate this immersion in other sims, including AFS2.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.