where are the screenshot stored nowadays?

• When I started AFS2 up today, I had several personal settings reset or turned off or on. One was my choice for Screenshots. I reset this feature but now I can't find them. They are not where they were yesterday! :(

Regards,

Ray

• Ray, Aerofly screenshots are always located in your documents\Aerofly FS2\screenshots folder.

If you are taking them from Steam (f12) then they can be located in choice location (I believe).

Are you referring to Aerofly or Steam screenshots?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• duh. Not sure. I will check the default location. Thanks.

Ray

Now I remember the problem. The screenshots stored using IPACS location are bmp files and are typically 10 MB each. Screenshots stored by Steam are jpegs and are about 1/10th that size.

Is there a method to choose jpeg or png rather than the default bmp? 10 MB per images tends to make take a large chunk of storage space.

Regards,

Ray

• Unfortunately nothing can be done for this at this time.

OK. Thanks.

Now, who knows where to find the AFS2 screenshots generated using Steam? Or maybe one has to activate that feature.

Regards,

Ray

• For me, the Aerofly FS2 screenshots from Steam are located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\347338765\760\remote\434030\screenshots

But I have no clue, if the path is the same for you...?

Alternative:

1. Open Steam

2. Go to your game-collection

3. Select the game you want the screenshots from

4. Scroll to the end of the page

5. Select "Show screenshot collection"

6. Click "Open in explorer"

And here we are!

Please excuse me, if the buttons are called different in English, my Steam is set to German...

Greetings from Switzerland

Edit:

Just seen your first post in this thread, in this case, I'm not sure if they wil be found by Steam...

• Thanks lw36. Something similar worked for me. I added the path to my library.

Regards,

Ray

• You could always just use a free program like Irfanview to occasionally bulk convert your pictures to another format..... https://www.irfanview.com/

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• You could always just use a free program like Irfanview to occasionally bulk convert your pictures to another format..... https://www.irfanview.com/

True. and I do use something like that occasionally. But, when I want to upload one or two quick screenshots, there is a lot of grumbling over 20 MB vs < 1 MB because IPACS chose bmp and steam chose jpg.

Regards,

Ray

• True. and I do use something like that occasionally. But, when I want to upload one or two quick screenshots, there is a lot of grumbling over 20 MB vs < 1 MB because IPACS chose bmp and steam chose jpg.

Regards,

Ray

I've been using FRAPS for decades, a very nice tool to check FPS, save snapshots (various formats) and movies. Works with all softwares so far...

The "free" test version is imited to 30 seconds film recording I think...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.