coordinate_system swiss

• Can someone explain me how the "swiss" coordinate system is working?

I like to exclude my cultivation objects by comparing object coordinates from IPACS swiss tsc files.

It is also a bit strange, that the objects have all the same coordinates, for example:

<[vector3_float64][position][660000 146000 0]>

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Can someone explain me how the "swiss" coordinate system is working?

I like to exclude my cultivation objects by comparing object coordinates from IPACS swiss tsc files.

It is also a bit strange, that the objects have all the same coordinates, for example:

<[vector3_float64][position][660000 146000 0]>

It's a former Swiss coordinates system based on Mercator projection. Aerofly FS was limited to Switzerland and for some reason (available source format ?) it used this coordinates system.

Since the Swiss DLC is an AFS2 transscript from Aerofly FS it still uses this coordinates sytem instead of lonlat.

But you still can use lonlat coordinates for scenery making (object placement, excludes definition, cultivation, etc.)

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

Edited 2 times, last by Trespassers (August 31, 2018 at 2:38 PM).

• yes... Well, the objects in the tsc displaying the same values, so in any case it would be not my solution to use it. I need to use kind of exclude areas defined by the tower and runway coords.

thanks for explanation.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• What objects and what tsc are you referring to ?

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I take the airport position, the tower position and all runway position data from the suiss addon, put a radius around it and remove all objects from my generated cultivation files inside that area. I like to have the original airport buildings and not the generic generated OSM data objects where ever I can.

Normally I just loop through every object inside the existing airports and make a small exclude radius for my cultivation files. Not working for the swiss addon. :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Hmmm, since many airports coming with the DLC feature surrounding buildings and sometimes trees, while others are just a flat runway, excluding a blind radius around the airport center coordinates doesn't make much sense I'm afraid...

It's far better to exclude depending on the existing scenery, attached you'll find the KMLs for Switzerland, just exclude what's inside polygons.

Switzerland_Excludes.zip

Cheers

Antoine