Aerofly FS2 on Network

• Before purchasing Aerofly FS2 I need to know whether it will run on my flightsim network where I currently run P3D4 and Xplane 11.

Specifically, can I run a copy of Aerofly on the Server to display the aircraft panel and will it 'talk' to the Slave (with or

without another copy of Aerofly) and allow external scenery ONLY to be displayed? If the answer is YES; what other program is needed

to manage the connection?

My current network topology:

Server PC: I7 GTX1060 1 Monitor. Used to display aircraft panel zoomed and moved as necessary to show what I want.

When using P3D (copy installed) the connection to the slave PC is managed though OpusFSI

When using XPlane 11 (copy installed) the connection is managed through Xplane's built-in networking.

Yoke, throttle and rudder connected here

Slave PC: I7 GTX1080ti 3 Monitors. Used to display external view ONLY over the 3 monitors

When using P3D (copy installed) the views are set by OpusFSI camera facility.

When using XPlane 11 (copy installed) the views are set in XPlane.

Two other PCs are on the network to provide moving map with AI (Plan-G connected to Slave PC via SimConnect) and ATC (Pilot2ATC connected

to Server PC via FSUIPC).

Greetings from Melbourne, Australia

Aussibob

• Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Aerofly currently doesn't support the server slave mode that you are using with other simulators. What it can do is send out data to apps like FS Widgets IGMap and display a moving map on an ipad.

And Aerofly can directly feed multiple monitors, though as far as I know only from one view point. So you could have one PC where Aerofly is running on which is connected to three monitors at the same time. One monitor could show the view to the left, the others to the front and right side for example.

There are views that hide the aircraft cockpit and only show the scenery but as far as I know you cant have the outside view on three monitors and an additional view with the panel.

But I think you could have one view direction of the panel, and three others inside the same virtual cockpit. There is a wiki description of how to setup multiple monitors, I recommend reading that before you purchase.

Since this is a niche and of all our customers there are only a handful that have a setup like that this is not our main objective and adding support for multiple monitors showing different views with or without the panel would have to wait.

A lot more users are flying in VR...

Regards,

Jan

• Just for the record: We are two of them, I am sitting in the same niche. No VR, but networked, for the other sims. For AeroflyFS2 it's just FSWidgets on the networked machine.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Thanks for the quick reply Jet-Pack. Had a feeling that would be the answer but wanted to make sure.

Glad to find someone else in the same niche Michael!!

Not ready to go down the VR path yet BUT it certainly seems to be the way of the future.

Aussibob

• +1 :)

screen user here also, running 2560x1440p on 32" monitor screen

I use Air-Manager in FSX (in the past I had Project Magenta Glass cockpit & Regional Jet software)

I intend to get a Cockpit working somehow, just don't know how YET,either via Arduino or some generic Bodnar USB joystick interface , at least I need encoders and switches to control the Learjet45 Autopilot and NAV-radios

Buy AFS-2, it is a great high performance sim, :) it has Beautiful graphics

Regards a complete Bizzjet Nerd.. blame Flight Unlimited 3... haha...

I love to design and build stuff too much with this hobby, to be dependent on VR, also there is more than 4-5 people out there building cockpits, there is a bunch for FSX/Prepar3D and X-plane, they just have not discovered Aerofly yet... :P

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3