First post, several questions, brand new user.

• Hello, I just bought AFS2 from Aerosoft yesterday, installed the latest update, and I have some questions.

I'll start with a major one.

AFS2 sees my VirtualFly TQ6 yet no matter how I try to set it up in the settings screen when I use it on the A320 or any other jet something very strange happens. I have to keep the physical TQ6 lever in the reverse position just to have the engines run in Idle. If I move it the tiniest bit out of the reverse detent position it goes full max throttle and actually bounces the cockpit throttles again the full stops. So I can't use it for reverse or even flying. I calibrated it in Windows 10 and AFS2. Does anyone else have the VirtualFly TQ6?

Thanks, more questions later if you don't mind as I'm brand new to this program. It's so silky smooth and crystal clear.

Jack

• Thanks! Ok, here goes as I created a document with questions.

Thanks to Aerosoft I now have Colorado and the Southwest, but is there a way to get Utah as I should have bought it from Steam.

How do I see frame rates? I don’t see it on my 50” monitor nor do I see it in the settings screen.

In the settings screen I see two buttons on each side that say press, I know from reading the WiKi manual that they’re for key bindings but why two of them on each side? Will they conflict?

Sometimes as I switch between views I can no longer get the left seat view. How do I get it back?

Can I use the TQ6 and the Saitek TPM a the same time or will they conflict with one another? Or is it better to deselect one or another before setting up a flight?

Is it possible to take screenshots in JPEG format instead of BMP?

I don’t understand the views screen in settings. What is the difference between them all?

• Quick Answers,

Ray

• Hi Ray, I did that with Steam, if I didn't buy it from Steam it won't let me download the DLC.

Ah, CTRL + F1! Very good, thanks, I couldn't find that anywhere.

Thanks for the button clarification!

Thanks for the advice for the 1-5 keys!

Thanks about the controllers too!

I see, so it'll have to be JPEG's.

I'd have to take a screenshot of what I was asking about the Views setting in Settings. I'm not on the PC right now, I was talking about the Views in Settings. From top to bottom, I wish I could list them right now. I wasn't talking about resolution, I need to know about the Views menu.

Thanks a LOT for your help, I really appreciate it!

• Hi Jack and welcome to this forum.

For screendhots (and many more) I've been using FRAPS for decades.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Thanks for the advice for the 1-5 keys!

I see, so it'll have to be JPEG's.

Actually, it's 1-6.

There are 3 groups of views. Each group has two keys to cycle through all available views within that group. The confusing thing is that you also have to use those keys to switch between the groups AND that the last used view within a group is being remembered!

Group 1: use 1 to cycle backwards and 2 to cycle forward through all views in the group

Group 2: use 3 to cycle backwards and 4 to cycle forward through all views in the group

Group 3: use 5 to cycle backwards and 6 to cycle forward through all views in the group

To switch from one group to another use any key of the group you want to go to: you will go to the last used view in that group.

TIP: only use 1, 3 and 5 to switch between groups and THEN start thinking about which key to use to cycle to another view within that group.

Example:

- you are in the left seat view

- press 2 to go to the next view in that group (right seat view)

- press 5 to switch to the 3rd group (external views)

- press 6 to go to the next view in that group (fly by view)

- press 1 to go to the 1st group: you will end up in the remembered right seat view

- press 1 again to cycle back to the left seat view

- press 5 to switch to the 3rd group: you will end up in the remembered fly by view

- and so on

And F12 is Steam's default key to create jpg screenshots. Those shots are a bit hidden though. You have to go to the Steam folder > userdata > [#########] > 760 > remote > [######] > screenshots. De #### are numbers that may be different on your computer, I am not sure. Just click any folder in userdata until you see '760' and then then proceed. ;)

Edited 5 times, last by J van E (August 28, 2018 at 10:55 AM).

• Regarding views: i defined in settings a joystick button to cycle through the three groups and one button to cycle within each group.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Regarding views: i defined in settings a joystick button to cycle through the three groups and one button to cycle within each group.

That makes it a lot less confusing indeed but I personally hate cycling through ALL views to get back to the one I want.

• That makes it a lot less confusing indeed but I personally hate cycling through ALL views to get back to the one I want.

You may use the overlay icons on the bottom right of the screen. There, I select the view I want.

Needs however the icons overlay to be displayed.

It would be nice if IPACS make them automatically shade away and reappear when moving the mouse cursor around the bottom right corner, or when pressing dedicated key.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• You may use the overlay icons on the bottom right of the screen. There, I select the view I want.

Needs however the icons overlay to be displayed.

I don't know what I dislike more: having to move through all possible views or using onscreen displays...! 8o But it's nice to have options! I myself really like the default view settings: you just have to get used to it. I can go to any view I want within no time.

That shading away is a nice idea btw.

And another btw: you could also edit some files and remove views you never use...! Sounds like a good idea for those who constantly cycle through them all. ;)

• Hi Jack and welcome to this forum.

Cheers

Antoine

Hi Antoine, I don't even know what FRAPS is.

Hi Jack and welcome to this forum.

Cheers

Antoine

Thanks for the welcome to the forum too, appreciate it!

Thanks J van E, seems pretty confusing, I'll have to re-read it several times to wrap my head around it.

Also, I don't use Steam, I bought it from Aerosoft as a download and updated it through them. I never really liked Steam but should have bought it from them as now I can't get Utah. I'm downloading the Southwest USA now but it's taken three days so far and have Colorado, all from Aerosoft. But they don't have Utah so unless I buy it again but from Steam I'm out of luck.

• Thanks J van E, seems pretty confusing, I'll have to re-read it several times to wrap my head around it.

Also, I don't use Steam, I bought it from Aerosoft as a download and updated it through them. I never really liked Steam but should have bought it from them as now I can't get Utah. I'm downloading the Southwest USA now but it's taken three days so far and have Colorado, all from Aerosoft. But they don't have Utah so unless I buy it again but from Steam I'm out of luck.

Once you get it, it's very easy. (As with all things in life... ;) )

Concerning Utah: I don't know what's available already via Aerosoft but afaik all DLC that IPACS releases, also payware, will be available in time for Steam users, DVD users as well as Aerosoft download users. Steam however always is first (when it comes to DLC from IPACS)... I personally always advice to get the Steam version: works like a charm and you are always the first to get new DLC and updates (sometimes even beta's).

BTW For Orbx addons I prefer FTX Central though because then you also always get new releases and updates first, even before Steam users.

• This looks like more work than I have time.

Work ? =O What do you mean?

FRAPS is a standalone app starting with Window.

The only work is to press the key you assigned once for snapshots and retrieve them afterwards in the destination folder... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Antoine