First post, several questions, brand new user.

• Category is just a group or selection of views. E.g. there is a category of outside views (tower, fly-by, external pan around), there is a category of views attached to the aircraft (mostly inside views, cockpit views, wing views), and there is a category for views that are outside but also fixed to the aircraft (static behind the aircraft, static in the center of gravity without any aircraft shown, etc.).

You have the option to assign two keys per category (e.g. default 1&2) to step through the cameras of that particular category. That means if you press 2 you cycle through all inside cameras one after the other and you'll eventually loop back to the first inside camera. And if you press 1 you cycle through them in the other direction. And then 3&4 as well as 5&6 do the same for the other two categories. Once you get used to it you find a view within one or two button presses.

But you can also cycle through categories and through views within a category just like in Microsoft flight-simulator based sims. This takes more button presses as you first have to find the right category and then have to cycle through all the cameras within that category to find the right one... but it also works and approaches the "I want the camera x" in a way that is easy to grasp I think.

Looking is turning your head left/right or up/down while moving the camera moves the camera forward/backward, left/right or up/down.

And because there are so many directions that you can look or that you can move in there are so many "looks and moves".

I recommend removing all assignments for the "look", since you can do that with the mouse easily, or with your VR headset if you have one. And then I use my arrow keys and page up/down to assign the camera move functions. Then I can get closer to the instruments without zooming in.

Regards,

Jan

• I use the joystick POV HAT for the MOVE left/right/forward/aft Move eyepoint (seat position) assignments since AFS2 nicely accepts them separately.

Thanks. I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and I do the same. RUDDO pedals, VirtualFly TQ6, and Saitek's TPM. All work nice but have to deactivate one of the throttles depending on the plane.

But the worst is the TQ6, it simply does not work well with AFS2.