La Martinique Freeware Scenery

• Hello everyone,

To get my hands on the AFS2 SDK, I started some time ago to try to create a scenery of the French island: "La Martinique". Since I was working mostly from open-data sources, I said that I would share my work with you when it was finished. Unfortunately, as time passes, I realize that I can not devote enough time to it. This scene is probably far from finished but I decided to share it with you now because if I wait it is completely finished, you risk having to wait a long time ... a very long time :D

I did not have time to work on the only one airport of the island, so that is why you will find in this package only a very basic airport with a transparent runway without building (thanks to Trespassers for flatten). I can only advise you to go to FSCloudPort and download a more worked airport done by TomSimMuc...

you can download this scenery in Flight-Sim.org here -> https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…eeware-scenery/

be forewarned that the file is a bit big about 1Go :)

La Martinique v1.0.1

Disclaimer:

This scenery can not be sold, it is provided free without any guarantee. What it contains: ground photo, elevation data, generic autogen building and vegetation, night lighting and a basic airport (track, flatten). What it does not contain: no modeled airport, no remarkable buildings, no VOR landmarks and many other things.,, Even if all the care was brought to its creation, it is not supposed to faithfully reproduce the reality. It is not free from defects (far from it) and you will probably find many abortions (trees and buildings missing or misplaced, floating house). Do not hesitate to report them to me, and if I find the time I will publish a corrected version later. I hope that you will take as much pleasure to fly over this scene that I took to create it ... Good flights!

Description:

This scenery covers all of Martinique island and includes a photoground cover reworked from IGN data (colorimetry, retouching and coast cleaning and clouds removing), an accurate elevation ground at 1 meter with Litto3D® data, a vegetation cover calculated according to the photo coverage via Scenproc® software, generic buildings (OpenStreetMap, Cadastre en) and night road lighting only in inhabited areas for a more realistic effect.

the provided Areoport Internalional Aimé Césaire is very simplified, summarizing only the position of the tracks without any autogen building on the area, It will be advantageously replaced by a more complete package downloadable on the Fscloudport (http: // www. fscloudport.com/ ) or a futur product.

Direct link to TomSimMuc airport >> http://www.fscloudport.com/icao/tfff.htm

! No full airport included !

Copyright:

Photo Ground:

BD ORTHO® 50 cm Martinique from IGN (Institut National de l'Information Géographique et Forestière) – under open licence 2.0 - Original data downloaded on http://professionnels.ign.fr/bdortho-50cm-par-departements - Updated January 2017 - adapted to AFS2 by Vogel69

Elevation Tiles:

MNT littoral Litto3D® Martinique 2016 – accuracy: 1meter – under open licence – authors: Shom and l’Institut national de l’information géographique et forestière (IGN), was carried out in partnership with the Direction de l'Environnement, de l'Aménagement et du Logement de la Martinique (DEAL) and l'Agence des aires marines protégées (AAMP). co-financed by the European Union . Europe is committed to Martinique with the European Regional Development Fund. - Original data downloaded from http://diffusion.shom.fr/pro/risques/al…d-mart2016.html - Updated March 2016 - adapted to AFS2 by Vogel69

Buildings data:

Data extracted and processed from Openstreetmap – INSEE - Cadastre – Software used QGIS & Scenproc from Arno Gerretsen (SceneryDesign.org) – processed & adapted to AFS2 by Vogel69 – Airport Flatten: Trespassers

Vegetation Data:

Data extracted from BD ORTHO® 50 cm Martinique de l'IGN with Scenproc from Arno Gerretsen (SceneryDesign.org) – processed & adapted to AFS2 by Vogel69

Building Texture: by Vogel69

Installation:

• First check if you have the last revision of Aerofly FS2
    • extract archive into AFS2 addon folder.

with a steam version:

>> ...\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns\Scenery\Martinique

or

>> ...\My documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\Martinique

with a DVD version:

>> ...\My documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\Martinique

Use:

Launch Aerofly FS2 and go into “Place” menu, and search for “Aimé Cesaire airport” located in Caribbean sea on the worldmap. Choose your plane, go and enjoy !

Thanks to the contributors of open data without whom I could not share this work with you: IGN, SHOM, Openstreetmap, The cadastre, the INSEE ...

Thanks to IPACS for the supply of their SDK, thank you to the creators of free software which allows to work the raw data in data compatible with our simulators (QGIS, Scenproc, GIMP ...)

Thanks to Trespassers, TomSimMuc, Rodeo and Qwerty42 for their valuable advice and help.

Here a link to the first video (a little old now). some changes have been made since... but not many

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

more recent but more shaking video <X

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Amazing scenery - thank you so much! 👍

Windows 10 64bit | I7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard | Corsair Vengiance RGB Pro 16GB 3000Mz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | SSD 512 GB + HDD 4 TB | Oculus Rift CV1 | X-Plane | DCS: F-15, F-5E, SU-27, SU-33, Mig29, A10 & Nevada | T Flight Hotas X | G29 Logitech

• LOL I read the text on the back of the box! ^^ Great! :P

But true 👍

Windows 10 64bit | I7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard | Corsair Vengiance RGB Pro 16GB 3000Mz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | SSD 512 GB + HDD 4 TB | Oculus Rift CV1 | X-Plane | DCS: F-15, F-5E, SU-27, SU-33, Mig29, A10 & Nevada | T Flight Hotas X | G29 Logitech

• Vogel 69, the text on the cover backside was hillarious.. :D

Cool effect also with a addon-publisher DVD-cover to show the Scenery ;)

Looking forward to trying Martiniqe one day.. hopefully soon

Thanks for your effort :thumbup:

- - - -

I' m wanting to contribute also , I have Autodesk 3D studio Max 2013 ,but I am just a 3D CAD operator guy, I have difficulty grasping this all new style to model,

I really wanna model my home region with Photoscenery and high res MESH , cultivation will have to wait for now...

Could you please make a tutorial how to proceed ? (But please disregard a 3D max modelling tutorial, "just the basics" of how to get the scenery to work)and some hints and tips on the process workflow

I would need the area of the "west coast of Norway"

from ENFL (Florø airport) to somewhere like ENTO(Torp airport)/ENCH(Kjevik Airport).

Are there big problems in the areas "north of Bergen" (ENBR Airport) ?

BUT I could start with Karmoy airport(ENHD,the one to 3D modell)

Have the island of Karmøy as a start

But I really need the best possible MESH as height data..

Also I want my ENHD airport to have sloping runway, (Telluride has spoiled me..) I think it has it in reallife..

Also NAV-AIDS , VORs /NDBs ?

Thanks in advance !

Kind regards Rune ENHD:)

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3

Edited once, last by Rune-ENHD (September 4, 2018 at 8:50 PM).

• Nav aids already exist in the entire fs2 world...

And you dont need to model the terrain manually to get sloped runways in aerofly...

In fact all airports in aerofly are sloped (not just the runways)... all buildings and ground is transformed onto the existing mesh. So you just need a update the terrain height map (someone made a tutorial video for that already) and you can model your airport flat... then it gets bend by the aerofly scenery... just make sure that buildings are separate objects so they can be moved up down individually otherwise they are moved as one block and some houses start to float...

Regards,

Jan

• Jet-Pack :):thumbup::thumbup:

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3

• many thanks to all for your kind words:)

Rune-ENHD

official SDK doc:

https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.php/start

with great video tutorial on most part of the work >> https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.php/sdk:scenerydev4

interresting post on this forum:

OpenStreetMaps, ScenProc, building floors and Cultivation >> https://www.aerofly.com/community/foru…nd-cultivation/

Help Creating AeroScenery (aka Ortho4FS2) >> Help Creating AeroScenery (aka Ortho4FS2)

Creating terrain heightmaps >> Creating terrain heightmaps

And you will find a lot of information on fsdeveloper forum, even if it is not the same simulator the most part of the work is identical ... For the particularities related to Aerofly FS2 you will find your happiness in the wiki of the SDK (link upper) and in many post of this forum. :thumbup:

fSdevelopper et Scenproc >>https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/scenproc.131/

• Thank you! Vogel69 :):thumbup::thumbup:^^

Also great info provided by, "Jet-Pack"

Thanks to all!

Btw, do you live on the Martiniqe island i the Carribian ? ;)

Kind regards

Rune ENHD