Will IPACS, support Home Cockpit builders?

• Hi IPACS, As subject questions mention ?

Will you support Home Cockpit builders ??

I love buttons and switches, love to plan/design and build :)

First, This is a great Flight-SIM, it has very good performance and it has very nice graphics ^^^^

Will you support Arduino USB interface and similar with "a native" Offsets/Datarefs and variables stuff , I don't know what all versions of it are called?

I Have Sim Innovations - Air Manager software, and there seems to be possible to interface through that software, that software support directly a few Arduino types and also Rasberry Pie

I Would really like to build a home-cockpit based on this sim.. :)

Hopefully the answer is YES :/ :?::?:

Thanks in advance!

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3

• There are several threads that show others home-built cockpits. Aerofly FS2 pretty much works well in many configurations, but not all.

Have a look here for starters: Lets show our home Cockpits

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• "I Have Sim Innovations - Air Manager software, and there seems to be possible to interface through that software, that software support directly a few Arduino types and also Rasberry Pie"

Rune,

Sim Innovations made a concerted effort to build and test the links to connect AFS2 to their Air manager but, gave up due to the lack of support from IPACS. I had great hope for this development and Sim Innovations was very sincere but due to the lack of support it came to nothing, This was earlier this year in February 2018.

Very disappointing.

Regards,

Ray

• Ray, we supported the best we can. Home cockpits hold less than 0.5% of the flight simulator market, and maybe even less now with VR development advancements like 'VR Hands'. We are all extremely busy to drop everything to focus on something like this.

I hate to say this but it's true.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Ray, we supported the best we can. Home cockpits hold less than 0.5% of the flight simulator market, and maybe even less now with VR development advancements like 'VR Hands'. We are all extremely busy to drop everything to focus on something like this.

I hate to say this but it's true.

Most unfortunate. I'm not so sure about dropping everything to change focus. More like dedicate a few hours of one guy to explain the links. But, you are correct - home cockpits make up a very small percentage of the overall users and probably shrinking due to the lack of support.

Regards,

Ray

• Since I have the full goflight airliner setup and it's not supported (right?), that's a real buzz kill for me about this sim. Other than that, VFR flight around SoCal is AMAZING!

JB59

R/W C172 Pilot

(Flown 172N, 172SP Nav III, SR22, DA20-C1)

AOPA# 06034701

• Most USB devices work out of the box, so your cockpit could work or not depending on how its set up. But each one is different...

One of our team members built a home cockpit of the pitts (he shared photos in this forum even) and his cockpit is fully compatible. He uses VR for the display and hardware stick, throttle and pedals as well as switches for the input.

Having separate displays is not supported yet.

• Plug in a leo bodnar 12 bit joystick board and it just works and then map whatever switches and pots you want to it. I presume you can plug in two of them. Haven't tested.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php…products_id=204

• All these and even GoFlight modules work with GFKeys. But the problem is rather reading from Aerofly FS2 than sending to. Reading means eg. frequencies or status of a button or switch. I can dial in easily with the GoFlight MCP eg. the altitude but do not see the display of it in the display.

I used to be a home cockpit builder with the MS Flightsim series and also hoped that IPACS would follow that road. But since I have an Oculus Rift I will not return. In VR I have any kind of cockpit from a C172 to a B747. And I am sure this will evolve enormously in the coming years.

In german we say: man kann nicht auf mehreren Hochzeiten tanzen (you can't have your cake and eat it too). This means to focus and IPACS seems to focus on other things which I can understand.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Aaah, this is really sad to read, :huh:;(

Have you really just decided not to do it, not at a later point like in a years time or something? Can we not convince you to do it at a later point? I can sort og understand right now , but please don't tell that the BEST and most modern SIM out there WILL ONLY A VR-SIM ? =O:(

Kind regards

Rune ENHD

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3

• All these and even GoFlight modules work with GFKeys. But the problem is rather reading from Aerofly FS2 than sending to. Reading means eg. frequencies or status of a button or switch. I can dial in easily with the GoFlight MCP eg. the altitude but do not see the display of it in the display.

I used to be a home cockpit builder with the MS Flightsim series and also hoped that IPACS would follow that road. But since I have an Oculus Rift I will not return. In VR I have any kind of cockpit from a C172 to a B747. And I am sure this will evolve enormously in the coming years.

In german we say: man kann nicht auf mehreren Hochzeiten tanzen (you can't have your cake and eat it too). This means to focus and IPACS seems to focus on other things which I can understand.

"You cannot dance at several weddings". Very cool! I will have to try and work that into a conversation.

• You might have misunderstood us here. We will of course not drop support for interfacing with Cockpit builders, but we currently have other projects that need to be finished first. So expect to see updates from time to time that will enhance the possibility of integrating external cockpits.

Thanks IPACS. A thread of hope certainly sounds better than a slammed door. Sim Innovation’s Air Manager could probably be working in a matter of days if given a chance, it’s not rocket science, as they say.

Regards,

Ray

• "You cannot dance at several weddings". Very cool! I will have to try and work that into a conversation.

Thanks Oldar: I would not have dared to translate that literally, however it seems to work in english too.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Thanks Oldar: I would not have dared to translate that literally, however it seems to work in english too.

I knew several of the words, so I put them together. Then I checked on Google translate. ;) I knew it said you can't dance at several somethings, but I didn't recognize the word for weddings in German until I looked it up.

Edited once, last by Oldar (August 30, 2018 at 8:46 PM).

• IPACS, Thanks for clearing up!

Thats at least still some hope(my heart sank to bottom reading the first replys..), and not just crushed dreams/slammed doors..

Kind regards

Rune ENHD