Onedrive folder backup

• Having been busy creating scenery I currently have 17GB of ttc files in "->Documents->Aerofly FS 2-> scenery-> images" folder. This is the folder recommended by the scenery tutorial to store any user created scenery that Aerofly can access. While this works just fine for Aerofly it is causing havoc with Microsoft's Onedrive backups. As the "Aerofly FS 2" folder is under "Documents" Onedrive backs all content up to the Microsoft cloud which only has 5GB available for free. While you can just disable Onedrive, other files you want available across PCs are then not being backed up. You can go into Onedrive settings and exclude the "Aerofly FS 2" folder from the Onedrive process, but this just deletes it from your hard drive. The next time you start Aerofly it goes and creates the folder again minus all your settings and scenery. Then Onedrive chimes in with an error as it can't back up the new "Aerofly FS 2" folder until you delete the old "Aerofly FS 2" folder already stored in the Microsoft cloud.

So can the ttx files for scenery be stored elsewhere, say in the Aerofly drive folders?

Thanks, Chris

Win 10 64-bit, 24GB RAM, i5-9400F @ 3.9, 6GB Nvidia RTX-2060

• Hi Chris,

I moved everything through STEAM to another drive.

Then I moved all my scenery to a different hard drive (H:\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\images) and added the following (' <[string8][extra_user_folder][H:\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\]> ') in the main.mcf file located in: C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Aerofly FS 2.

Taken from the WIKI:

User Defined Scenery Folder

you can define a custom user folder by adding your location to the field: <[string8][extra_user_folder][]> located within the main.mcf file.

The location must contain the sub-folder “scenery”. This will give users the ability to place their custom scenery in a location other than the documents folder located on the root drive.

Best of luck :)

Paul

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• added the following (' <[string8][extra_user_folder][H:\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\]> ') in the main.mcf file located in: C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Aerofly FS 2.

Thanks Kloot

That worked once I created a sub folder of "scenery" called "images" and placed all my ttx files there.

Thanks, Chris

Win 10 64-bit, 24GB RAM, i5-9400F @ 3.9, 6GB Nvidia RTX-2060