Photo Story - adding scenery & cultivation to an airport in 7 layers

• This is getting better by the minute. When I was working with cultivation for New Orleans several months ago there was absolutely nothing within couple of miles of the airport. The East side and central business district was loaded with houses and buildings but at one of the major North/south street it just died when looking towards the airport. Must have been some sort of database glitch.

I will look at it again today. Thanks for the special work guys.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• Did a little case study myself as I have learned to create Fscloudport airports, photo textures, cultivation and now mesh for Australia. The area is an Island resort in the Whitsunday Islands in north east Australia. Just did a small level 11 sized area.

Standard FS2 - no development by Ipacs other than low res textures and mesh.

With basic Fscloudport airport runway

With detailed Fscloudport airport

With photo textures - at last something that starts to look real, but the harbour and the shoreline above it are heading uphill

With mesh - harbour and shoreline above now flat. Compare the hills below with the screen shot above. Note - the island on the far right horizon is outside the mesh area.

With cultivation - the icing on the cake. Not a lot of detail available in OSM for this area, but enough to add realism with little effort.

Thanks, Chris

Win 10 64-bit, 24GB RAM, i5-9400F @ 3.9, 6GB Nvidia RTX-2060

• Need help to solve a simple problem - I can't seem to get any residential houses to appear in my cultivated area along the central Florida east coast. I have checked from Vero Beach to Jacksonville in towns like Titusville, Daytona Beach, etc. I have plenty of commercial buildings and trees but practically no houses.

Could someone test a small area for me and see if is missing OSM data or something I am doing or no doing correctly. w 81 deg n 29

Thanks.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• If you want to control the look of your roof tops in your cultivation, you'll need to add/remove some of the ttx files in the airport's "building_textures" folder that is being used with each toc file.

I used the Florida DLC building_textures folder (90 files) as an example and created the attached document that shows what each ttx file looks like (didn't include the residential flat roofs). If you don't like the dark clay roofs, simply move the res_roof_09_color.ttx & res_roof_09_light.ttx files out of that airport's building_textures folder (_color is the day view & _light is the night view) - before/after pics at the end of the doc.

FS2-Florida Building Textures.pdf

• Does anyone have a tutorial for how to import a SketchUp object into FS2 with textures?

I found this radio broadcast antenna that I would like to use as a test case ... https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.c…e47f036e/Antena-RTV-Tezno

• Does anyone have a tutorial for how to import a SketchUp object into FS2 with textures?

I found this radio broadcast antenna that I would like to use as a test case ... https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.c…e47f036e/Antena-RTV-Tezno

I seem to remember Michael, PMB, working with Arno to squeeze the bugs out of the transition and texture and orientation problems behind Sketckuo objects into AFS2. I suggest you start a conversation with him and get your tutoring direct from him.

Regards,

Ray

• I think there might have been a tutorial on this forum - but the summary idea is to download a tool called Model Converter X from Arno at fsdeveloper.com.

https://www.scenerydesign.org/development-releases/

It has the ability to read in DAE format from Sketchup and output an FS2 TGI and BMP textures - you can even position it. The model should not use any materials - just textures.

This is how I do it:

1. Create or open a model in SketchUp MAKE 2017

2. Set your Geo Location for the model

3. Make sure the model has no colors, just textures.

4. Export the model as a .KMZ file

5. Open the .KMZ file in ModelConverterX

6. Follow RODEO's instructions from his wonderfull tutorial (Video)

7. Export your model as .TSC

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Where can I download that file.

Here is an updated version of the SPC file you need cultivation script updated.zip . To use this script you need to download this version of scenProc . Again before you begin these two steps, you need to collect your OSM data from openstreetmap or collect the OSM data from a program called JOSM (I perfer JOSM method because you can edit your OSM data). Once your OSM data is collected, open scenProc, click open, load SPC file. From there you need to relocate your "ImportOGR" and "ExportTOC" lines to a location you want to collect your files from. If you have any questions just inbox me and I will be happy to help :)

• Jake,

Is this cultivation script an update to your Template_ver6.spc that we have been using? I am enjoying both ver6 and your special fill_houses.spc for those barren areas with lots of neighborhood streets.

Regards,

Ray

• Here is an updated version of the SPC file you need cultivation script updated.zip . To use this script you need to download this version of scenProc . Again before you begin these two steps, you need to collect your OSM data from openstreetmap or collect the OSM data from a program called JOSM (I perfer JOSM method because you can edit your OSM data). Once your OSM data is collected, open scenProc, click open, load SPC file. From there you need to relocate your "ImportOGR" and "ExportTOC" lines to a location you want to collect your files from. If you have any questions just inbox me and I will be happy to help :)

thank you very much I will try

• Al aire libre

Aquí hay una versión actualizada del archivo SPC que necesita [attach = '11325'] [/ attach]. Para usar este script, necesita descargar esta versión de scenProc . Nuevamente, antes de comenzar estos dos pasos, debe recopilar sus datos OSM de openstreetmap o recopilar los datos OSM de un programa llamado JOSM (yo prefiero el método JOSM porque puede editar sus datos OSM). Una vez que se recopilen los datos de OSM, abra scenProc, haga clic en abrir, cargue el archivo SPC. Desde allí, debe reubicar las líneas "ImportOGR" y "ExportTOC" en una ubicación de la que desee recopilar sus archivos. Si tiene alguna pregunta, simplemente envíeme un correo electrónico y estaré encantado de ayudarle:)

I did everything following the rodeo´s tutorial when I execute run all seems to be ok but when the program is finishing gives a error message I did a screenshot.

I tried with many maps from diferent places always the same message

• I tested your output path 'C:\' and scenproc throws an exception error. Make a directory with any name you choose, for example 'TOC_output', then change your export line to:
    ExportTOC|C:\TOC_output|SLC
    Do not use a '\' at the end of the full path name.

- Rich

ps: Don't try to just dump your toc into your C: root directory using just 'C:' as the root. I did just to test. The script ran to completion. It said it wrote the file. But' it's not in the root directory. Either it really did not write the file, or I have a test toc, who knows where, on the C: drive. LOL