AeroScenery - What Next?

• Nick, regarding AeroScenery cultivation plans, I thought it might be interesting / useful to see how the IPACS team decided to anchor the Florida TOC files (68 total). Currently AeroScenery allows scenery tile downloads in either Level-9, 13 or 14 sizes but based on the pattern below, I think your cultivation plans should include a Level-10 option.

• Nick, regarding AeroScenery cultivation plans, I thought it might be interesting / useful to see how the IPACS team decided to anchor the Florida TOC files

Thanks for doing that. It actually answers something I've been meaning to research, which is how many TSC files to use for a given TOC file spacing. (Same spacing as the TOC is the simple answer I think).

I may end up going with a spacing of 0.1 degrees for cultivation file spacing as that's what spenProc can do easily. Depends if I call scenProc behind the scenes or implement it myself. 0.1 degrees is pretty similar to Level 10 though.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• They have 60 pairs of tsc / toc files in the cultivation folder and 8 more pairs in the following individual folders. The redlined folders did not have a toc file.

When you add cultivation based on Level-10 (0.1 degree) tiles, please also add Level-10 tiles as an option for scenery tile downloads.

• With toc cultivation (buildings & trees) only being displayed within a 5-6km radius around your aircraft, the Level-10 anchor points may have been chosen to maintain decent performance with low / midrange PCs versus a highend PC that could handle a much larger Level-9 toc file.

To test out this theory I created a Level-9 toc file with +300,000 buildings and a matching Level-9 toc file with 1.2M trees (using the photoscenery approach) for the Dallas Love Field airport and surround area and compared the occasional stuttering to the Florida DLC with Level-10 toc files. Based on about 10 minutes of flying around, the occasional stuttering seemed to occur at roughly the same frequency in both scenarios. I'm running a GTX1080 and 16GB of PC memory.

If Level-9 toc files will run fine on highend PCs, you may want to include that as a cultivation option in AeroScenery since it would mean fewer cultivation tiles to generate / manage.

• If Level-9 toc files will run fine on highend PCs, you may want to include that as a cultivation option in AeroScenery since it would mean fewer cultivation tiles to generate / manage.

Thanks. For cultivation I'll probably end up working in degrees so that people can still use scenProc. (It makes a lot of the processing easier too). I intend to make the number of degrees configurable.

However, I'm hoping to steer people to a 0.1 degree standard so the files are easily shareable, and for example, my 0.1 degree cultivation tiles can easily be dropped in next to your 0.1 degree cultivation tiles etc.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly