The Netherland... my take on it (video)

• I am flabbergasted... ORBX did show us how good they are.

A big bravo to ORBX. My god this is as close as it get to the real thing

Please enjoy guys, 11 hours of flying and searching for 3.5 minutes

Cheers, Ben

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• Cool! I live in the Netherlands!

It's so flat that we always go to the mountains in our holidays 😉.

Looks pretty authentic to me. How do the hills in the south look? The problem is that our country is very narrow there so when flying a bit higher you will see Belgium and Germany immediately. How is the transition?

Thanks

• Looks pretty authentic to me. How do the hills in the south look? The problem is that our country is very narrow there so when flying a bit higher you will see Belgium and Germany immediately. How is the transition?

It looks awesome but not always authentic because 'rijtjeshuizen' aren't modelled. The Netherlands without 'rijtjeshuizen' isn't the Netherlands, really, but well, that's my only complaint with this scenery. ;)

Er... well, come to think of it, I have one more complaint: there is no transition. Everything outside of the border is default low res and empty photoreal. There are a few buildings here and there just over the border but they look more or less like a mistake. ;) Even when flying far away from the border at only 2000 ft you may see low res terrain with an obvious different color in the distance. Due to this I seldom fly over Limburg where the country is indeed very narrow, and if I do I make sure to only look in the directions which fall inside the borders. ;) When I fly from Maastricht to Rotterdam I plot a flight that goes north first and certainly not a direct one! ;)

But other than that it's totally awesome LOL I've been flying (always at 2000 to 3000 ft) nowhere else since I bought it. Seeing all that scenery gliding by silky smooth is really great!!!

• It looks awesome but not always authentic because 'rijtjeshuizen' aren't modelled. The Netherlands without 'rijtjeshuizen' isn't the Netherlands, really, but well, that's my only complaint with this scenery. ;)

Er... well, come to think of it, I have one more complaint: there is no transition. Everything outside of the border is default low res and empty photoreal. There are a few buildings here and there just over the border but they look more or less like a mistake. ;) Even when flying far away from the border at only 2000 ft you may see low res terrain with an obvious different color in the distance. Due to this I seldom fly over Limburg where the country is indeed very narrow, and if I do I make sure to only look in the directions which fall inside the borders. ;) When I fly from Maastricht to Rotterdam I plot a flight that goes north first and certainly not a direct one! ;)

But other than that it's totally awesome LOL I've been flying (always at 2000 to 3000 ft) nowhere else since I bought it. Seeing all that scenery gliding by silky smooth is really great!!!

It's a whole country, large enough to avoid the border with domestic flight, especially with a helicopter...

A helicopter!

• It's a whole country, large enough to avoid the border with domestic flight, especially with a helicopter...

A helicopter!

Well, you guys will get to try that out soon enough :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Oh, that sounds very promising.:)

I know it will be probably worthless but: Is there any chance to get a timeframe if it's gonna take days, weeks or months?:saint:

:) Come on, you know us better than that, we don't like to give solid timeframes on release in case something comes up and we have to delay (which does happen), but I'm going to be bold here and say that the R22 SHOULD be released some time this fall, so it won't be too much longer.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• :) Come on, you know us better than that, we don't like to give solid timeframes on release in case something comes up and we have to delay (which does happen), but I'm going to be bold here and say that the R22 SHOULD be released some time this fall, so it won't be too much longer.

Really? Fall runs from September 22 to December 21. That is not only vague, but it is not really soon either.