Rules for installing addons in AFS2

• Hi,

I am a fresh user of AFS2

I have bought some addons sceneries from aerosoft and orbx.

It appears that the addons are not installed in the same directory.

Aerosoft installs in documents/aerofly fs2/addons/scenery

And orbx install in another directory beside AFS2 one named « aerofly fs2 addons ».

So, what are the rules for installing addons in AFS2 and how AFS2 knows where to look for addon sceneries files ( for example the Martinique free scenery has to be installed mannually, so where to install it and how give the location info to AFS2?)

Thanks, Patrice

ASUS Maximus X hero motherboard, Core i7-9700K at 4800 Mhz processor, 32GB of RAM DDR4 GSkill 3000 Mhz, GC MSI RTX2080 8 GB VRAM, 2 Monitors ASUS ROG PG279Q + PG278Q G-sync (1440*2560), Power Supply Seasonic X 760W, Windows 10 PRO x64 OS, OS and programs On a NVME Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500 GB, AFS2 on a dedicated Samsung 860 EVO SSD 1000 GB, other storage on a Seagate Constellation 2TB hard disk, and other storage on SSDs dedicated to P3D and X-plane.

• Hi Patrice,

Good question, it is true that it is not very clear. first of all know that unlike FSX for example, no need to declare anything, AFS2 check addons folders at startup.

then, for the two Addons folders this seems to be related to the steam version. I imagine that addons purchased on steam are installed in the steam folder and other addons are installed in the folder "My documents".

For " La Martinique", in fact no matter where you install it... it should work. but since this is not a steam addon I will tend to choose the addon folder in "My Documents".

>> My documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\Martinique