• Aerofly automatically detects if there are motion controllers connected when starting. If they are turned off they will mot show in Aerofly.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

I cannot start Aerofly using Steam without the controllers on.

When I run SteamVR and I launch Aerofly FS2 from the desktop, I get a message inside the Vive asking me to confirm starting Aerofly in desktop mode. The only way I can start Aerofly in VR mode is using the motion controllers inside the Steam VR menu and from there, launch Aerofly.

• I move the controllers behind the sensor an then they disappear completely. Starting in Steam is no problem when they are behind the sensors before start.

But i use the oculus, maybe the vive handles this in another way.

Win10-x64 | ASUS X370Pro | Ryzen 5 1600X | G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3200 | 2TB SSD Samsung 860 | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 |
    ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q 100Hz | TM T.16000M | CH Pro Pedals | CH Flight Sim Yoke | Oculus Rift

• Hi Jeff,

I cannot start Aerofly using Steam without the controllers on.

When I run SteamVR and I launch Aerofly FS2 from the desktop, I get a message inside the Vive asking me to confirm starting Aerofly in desktop mode. The only way I can start Aerofly in VR mode is using the motion controllers inside the Steam VR menu and from there, launch Aerofly.

unfortunately then there's really no way to disable them. We once had a 'hide VR controllers' toggle in the settings but removed it and added auto detect code when we released the VR Hands update so that users avoid confusion.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• As I mentioned before, +1 vote for the hands disappearing after a period of inactivity.

If they reappear when moving the controls then ok.

I'm not flying VR, but I can imagine those flying airliners that sit for hours watching the autopilot doing the job... ;)

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• The problem here is that they need to stay on once initially on. So we need to keep them set up the way that they are currently.

If you are flying 2D then as long as the controllers are off they will not show in-game, but those that use VR Hands they need to be on all of the time in case you set autopilot and you are just sitting for a while, then need to adjust something. If they disappeared it will completely ruin immersion.

My only suggestion is to place them behind you so that you don't see them in-game, or start Aerofly without SteamVR on.

Regards,

Jeff

• The problem here is that they need to stay on once initially on. So we need to keep them set up the way that they are currently.

If you are flying 2D then as long as the controllers are off they will not show in-game, but those that use VR Hands they need to be on all of the time in case you set autopilot and you are just sitting for a while, then need to adjust something. If they disappeared it will completely ruin immersion.

My only suggestion is to place them behind you so that you don't see them in-game.

Wouldn't agree with that totally as:

- The default would be how it works now. "Auto-hide" would be something the user chooses. Yes, a heavy auto-pilot user might not want it.

- For anyone who uses a yoke and VR, having the hands floating in space is an immersion killer, which is what happens now.

- I need to place the touch controllers within easy reach because they are useful at times.

- You could just fade the transparency of the hands to 100% after a period of non-use, not disable the input

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• The only thing that MAY be able to be done is to add more depth to the VR Hands transparency slider in settings to allow for 100% opacity. But that's likely as far as any changes to this may go. This way a user can make the hands fully transparent by sliding the slider all the way, and not 90% which it's set for at max currently.

Users that only use the VR motion controllers to fly will not want their hands to disappear at any time.

Regards,

Jeff

• I found a workaround:

Launch Aerofly from the Steam VR system, and once Aerofly is starting, hold the lower button of the controller to access the menu and select turn off the controller. That way I can have the mouse in the VR world and the virtual hands don't show up.

I tried to fly with the hands, but I still need to access to the yoke as I found it easier to control the plane that way. I'd like to try to use the hands for switching some panel here and there, but I have to be close to the desktop to reach the yoke, so many times I found myself hitting the table with the controller. (or even worst... the monitor!)