Distance from panel is too small for me when using 3 monitors

• I run airfly FS2 with 3 monitors and with it I am also very happy.

It is almost like 3D... nearly VR-feeling for poor pilots like me 8o.

But there is a disadvantage. The whole information of one monitor is stretched on three monitors. Thus the control panel becomes very large, too large!

Therefore, I must enlarge the distance. I know this works with the zoom function. But not enough.

Is there a possibility to change the virtual distance from the panel about the given default of FS2?

• Sounds similar to the situation I am in. I am building a flight cockpit similar to a Cessna 172 cockpit, so the "side window" monitors are placed 90* from the main. You can edit the head position so the panel is the right size, but this throws the side window positions off. When I try to set the positions of the side windows up, down, forward or back, I get a green band across the screen, like nothing is there.

There needs to be a way to set the head position for each individual view. So far I have not found a way, and it does not seem possible in AFS2. Other sims do allow this, and it works well. I have not worked on it in a while do to my fathers recent death, but when I get a chance, I will try again.

Let me know if you come up with anything, and I will do the same. :)

Andrew

• Hi

First of all, I would like to thank Jeff, Jan and Andrew for the advice and tips.

I have used many attempts until each monitor is individually adjustable.

Yes, that could be a solution to my problem.

But there are also disadvantages and bugs in this screen display.

My first conclusion:

1. For the best screen each aircraft needs its own main.mcf.

2. The mouse cursor is not visible.

3. Some EFIS screens go dark when panning the panel up / down.

For the settings there is the field_of_view_factor in main.mcf .

That's the best way to change the distance to the panel. This factor does not exist in the normal main.cfg. Why not?

Viele Grüße

• Hi, over at Avsim forums, there was a smart guy (a professor?) who was working on a solution to the stretched Surround Nvidia view, "some sort of screen optical warping/effect" with a very wide field of view.. Also this provided less stretching in the corners ends with a better zoom focal point. This was so that you could get a better performance "than with 3 seperate windows" (which just kills performance!).

I'm nut sure if he succeed or not? He at least got Locheed Martin Prepar3D's attention.. We should perhaps get this gentleman to talk to IPACS, about his thinking?? :)8)^^

Actually I think his username was "denali" his real name is John..
    here is the thread i think ? : :)

http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4…ion-correction/

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3