The best VFR Flight Simulator...

• ...is obviously Aerofly FS 2!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Regards

Martin

Regards,

Martin

• Holly cow :huh:, I think that Switzerland is such a great effort from IPACS!

BTW great video comparison! 8)

using our freeware method with Orthofotos, we really realize "how good the photos must be" for that great immersion factor in AFS-2.

I can't get higher than max 2m pr tile or my "quite hefty PC-rig" just crash during Geoconverting in Aeroscenery I improved a little bit with more Ram. I now have 14GB at my disposal, I had some DDR3-Ram laying around so I went from a really fast 6GB set (tripple setup3x2GB) to perhaps a bit slower mixed setup..including a set of 16GB sticks. But my ASUS P6-T Deluxe v2 mainboard only can use 1GB-4GB sticks of of memory for a max of 24GB so it reports only "1" 8GB stick, not the 16GB set, so covering up to 5 out of 6 ram-slots on the mainboard. Also creation time of Geoconverting is 3-4 hours at minimum roughly with "just 1" level 9 large-tile (with default settings choose for me)area of 2m-RES.. =O Before that I could only do 5m res..max of 2 tiles or it WOULD HOG THE cpu 100% and RAM 100%, only reset button on the PC worked... X/ That can STILL happen though with 14GB ram.
    I'm using Bing in Aeroscenry right now, so I got really "green-tinted textures", but google watermarks thier's :/ and sometimes it is just a bit mixed set of textures avaliable for my local regions..

But I am in NO WAY complaning "about the freeware effort", I'm more baffled over the extreme rig you need to have to process Geo-converting... =O:rolleyes:
    it just HOGS my i7-975 Extreme edition cpu, and WILL NOT let you do anything for hours... AND you "CAN NOT CANCEL" the started operation.. WHY??? 8|8|:rolleyes:||
    Can you please explain what system requirements Geoconvert "NEED" to run effortlessly.. ?? :/ what is it in a chipset I need to look for more MB Cashe memory og Highter sometthing else my chipset has 4 Core and 6 Threads?
    Do I need a SSD for faster processing? do I need a more modern Skylake Intel CPU at minimum? do I need more clockspeed up from the 3.33 GHZ it's allready running ?
    Aeroscenery works FAST.. but the Geoconverting takes ages...

I really hope that we can get the whole Alps region finished, The Moutain areas in AFS2 really comes to life... I NEVER had such a great experience flying over The Alps before... Also remember this is just 1 32" 2560x1440p screen... ;)
    Hopefully we can get some cultivation also in these areas, with some castles/Monastry's High Mountain Skiing areas as 3D models.
    + Other cool landmarks, how about Railroads/mountain rail-way up in the Mountain areas it seems Switzerland is quite famous for these things in the railroad world.

Also that main picture of Bucher over Alps is just stunning! ^^

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3

Edited 3 times, last by Rune-ENHD (September 16, 2018 at 8:40 PM).

• Very fine made comparison between the actual flightsim's. I agree for the VFR experience is AFS2 closest to the reality and always in fluent high fps

I'm looking forward for added animation(on default and non-Orbx DLC), a bit of moving AI planes on airports and at least a choice of sky textures.

Also a plus should be the addition of more planes(and liveries) by well known 3rd parties that makes excellent modelled planes for FSX, P3D and XP.

I hope very soon to be able to control the announced Heli R22, how soon?

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• Now why would you fly any other simulator when this sort of scenery is available :)

Because there is more to flight simming than just scenery? ;) The various shots I am seeing of Hawaii really look great though...!

• TomSimMuc, Great picture! ^^

There is a lot of details, in this picture..wow

And that has to be the best example of static water with beliveable looks..so far!!

Great work.

Now imagine that we could get this kind of of real 3D breaking wawes along the coast hopefully whitin a year ? :D8)

Can you please explain this process ? Was this with Aeroscenery program ?

You guys say 1 download, Aeroscenery generates a lot of files I guess I need to use the geoconverted-TCS folder

but how are you putting the folder/s structure? Inside Aerofly "Images"??

Do you end up with several folders of Hawaii ? Seems that If you try to put everything inside same folder, you will get duplicate filnames, and some end up overwritten, so I make my areas with "Airport name" -North , Airport name -South etc..

Has anybody tried "Norge i bilder"(Statens kartverk) for Norwegian ortho scenery ??

Theses provide very high quality ,if it is somehow downloadable? Also I am fed up with low resolution MESH it is way too flat in Norway, how can I improve it ?

Thanks in advance ! :)

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3

Edited once, last by Rune-ENHD (September 17, 2018 at 10:50 PM).

• Hartman , Rune-ENHD

The covered elevation map of AFS2 is limited to -60 .. +60 deg. latitude

Everything above or below is presented flat.

This can be cured by your own elevation data. Plese see this thread for detail:

Creating terrain heightmaps

Thank you, Thomas.

Info from your link:

- Google for "transdem Norwegian 1m DEM"

- After this, geoconvert them to level 12 13 14

Do you know what data (level, meter) IPACS has used for existing southern Norway?