Cultivation template file for scenProc

• Crispy136,

Looks great. I am on the road now but, will be home tomorrow pm and give it a try. I was building scenery using AutoScenery in OH, KY, TN, GA, and Al before I left on this vacation. The level of houses created using OSM was hit and miss mostly. Some surprises, mostly disappointments. Hopefully, this new template will add more houses.

Regards,

Ray

Hmmm. Better be careful what you wish for! I now how houses everywhere. I tried your new fill template without making any "includes" just to see what level of houses it would generate. Every street is packed full of houses on both sides as far as I can see.

Now I need to study the layout and decide how to limit the houses with the include files. I think I may need to make a toc file with no limitations and then use the output to help limit the fills.

In rural Mississippi most small towns look very similar from the air and all have multiple roads leading into and out of town. I guess I will need to decide how far out of town I would like to have houses and somehow make the include files to fix the area for new cultivation.

The houses may actually be too close to each other. On rural roads the houses tend to be further apart than in a city or urban area. Maybe, somehow reduce the generated houses to about 1 in 3, or better yet, some random spacing but only have about 25% of the density that it now generates.

This is good, creative work though.

Regards,

Ray

before . . .

• These 2 lines control the placement of the houses on each side of the street.

PlacePointsAlongLine|FTYPE="LINE" And highway="residential"|SINGLE|16;18|20;21|0|String;type|build1|hdg

PlacePointsAlongLine|FTYPE="LINE" And highway="residential"|SINGLE|16;18|-20;-21|0|String;type|build1|hdg

The value |16;18| sets the distance between houses to 16 to 18 metres. I was originally using 20;25 but found it was too sparse for cities, so give that go first then increase it until you get the desired density.

The value |20;21| and |-20;-21| sets the distance of the houses from the centre line of the street to 20 to 21 metres. Increase this for wider footpaths. There are a pair of lines for each street with one set being negative. You need to change both together or you well get houses closer to the street on one side.

Even with increased house spacing it look like you will need an include, to get rid of the houses in the background. Unfortunately OSM seems to consider any street with a house on it as residential, even though there might be just a couple.

Thanks, Chris

Win 10 64-bit, 24GB RAM, i5-9400F @ 3.9, 6GB Nvidia RTX-2060

• If you're focused on filling in houses for a small town, you might be able to use the photoscenery approach for trees detection to, instead, detect houses from a bmp image and generate a point for any house that matches the color of other house roofs. Then that shp file can be uses to generate 3D houses for each of those points.

• If you're focused on filling in houses for a small town, you might be able to use the photoscenery approach for trees detection to, instead, detect houses from a bmp image and generate a point for any house that matches the color of other house roofs. Then that shp file can be uses to generate 3D houses for each of those points.

Interesting approach. Maybe someone can make a working example. There are lots of small towns with practically zero data for houses.

Thanks Ken,

Regards,

Ray

Very Good. I will experiment with the settings. Thanks.

Regards,

Ray

Chris,

Here is a screenshot of Tuscaloosa Alabama cultivation using your ver6 template. Notice the different heights and sizes for the buildings. Thanks for giving this neat feature to the user community.

Regards,

Ray

• House detection from photoscenery looks doable ...

This was with a 11nm x 11nm bmp file from FSET and the following ScenProc filter settings ...

Just like trees photoscenery detection, this approach would take more effort versus OSM+ScenProc generated houses, but when OSM data is missing around a favorite airport, it seems like another viable option for generating houses.

• Many thanks Chris for your efforts - I'm getting very good results. One thing puzzles me slightly though ..... I get red error messages for each of the "CreateAF2Building" lines saying that 4 arguments are required. (There are 6 in your template.) I deleted the "0" at the end and one of the numbers in the middle and all worked fine. However I don't really know what I'm missing by doing that - maybe something vital for all I know!

• I get red error messages for each of the "CreateAF2Building" lines saying that 4 arguments are required.

HI Ian, You may be using a different version of ScenProc. I'm using a ScenProc build dated 16/10/18. You can find this information right at the top of the screen after the version number. I had a look through the changelogs for Scenproc and can't see any changes to CreateAFSBuilding code since 16/10/18. Try updating and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks, Chris

Win 10 64-bit, 24GB RAM, i5-9400F @ 3.9, 6GB Nvidia RTX-2060

• HI Ian, You may be using a different version of ScenProc. I'm using a ScenProc build dated 16/10/18. You can find this information right at the top of the screen after the version number. I had a look through the changelogs for Scenproc and can't see any changes to CreateAFSBuilding code since 16/10/18. Try updating and see if the problem goes away.

OK thanks Chris - I'll try that.

• The tacit rule with both ScenProc and MCX from Arno is to always use the latest dev release...

The latest standard release dates ages ago, so many features are missing. Not sure if Arno will ever update it again ;)

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Cox, here's an example of a TSC file that has been edited to reference multiple TOC files in the cultivation section at the bottom of the TSC file. In this example, the TSC file is for the KTKI airport. The TOC files should have different names and don't have to include the airport ID.

The TOC files need to be located in the same folder as the TSC file.

• thank you i will try it now ......................................and YES that worked!!! thanks sooo much

now just trying to get my head around how to increase housing density usin crispys method so far no joy:(

what .shp code for generating houses using the above mentioned method???

I-74790 cpu win10 gtx1080TI 32 gb ram 2x1TB ssd:P

• Hi Crispy136 and all template users, I try to make cultivation with your template v6 but I have a problem with forest

I want to have height trees with (20 or 25 max) and I tried several numbers for randomness : (1;1) ,(0.1;0.1), (0.25;0) ... but always trees are in line when I'm above the forest with a certain angle fo view .

PlacePointsInPolygon|landuse="forest"|0.0001;0.0001|0.25;0|INHERITPARENTATTR

CreateAF2Plant|landuse="forest" And FRAND < 0.5|8;20|0|broadleaf

CreateAF2Plant|landuse="forest" And FRAND > 0.5|10;20|0|conifer

If someone used small height trees , What is your randomness argument numbers ?

Thank you