• always wanted to do long distance flights with 747 but wasn't prepared to sit on computer for hours , and sometimes time lapse can affect flights . Now with aerofly I can download Netherlands and New York and do it in under two hours . Plan to set route from either Antwerp or Rotterdam , fly off the coast then reset my location on the route off the atlantic coast and carry on to land in New York. :)then can also do it in reverse.:):)

• Try it in the F15, you can move at 1200 knots which should cut down on the time considerably . I took off from Bern/Belp (my son's hometown) in the F15 and was able to fly to Amsterdam very quickly. It's interesting at 35,000 feet how the basic scenery looks good when you transition from high to low graphics.

• It's interesting at 35,000 feet how the basic scenery looks good when you transition from high to low graphics.

Well that was the point in including the world. Its okay if you stay up there and the world below you is still recognizable. So for cruise its actually not that bad. And for the trans Atlantic route where its just water.... :D

• Well that was the point in including the world. Its okay if you stay up there and the world below you is still recognizable. So for cruise its actually not that bad. And for the trans Atlantic route where its just water.... :D

Hey, water is not water. There are so many different types of water... *just kidding. :D

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Well... I don't see the point doing trans continental flights if you don't fly the whole time - there are enough inner continental destinations to use if you have only short time available. But of cause, this is just a personal opinion from a GA pilot who likes to feel the wind from the prop in front. :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• always wanted to do long distance flights with 747 but wasn't prepared to sit on computer for hours , and sometimes time lapse can affect flights . Now with aerofly I can download Netherlands and New York and do it in under two hours . Plan to set route from either Antwerp or Rotterdam , fly off the coast then reset my location on the route off the atlantic coast and carry on to land in New York. :)then can also do it in reverse.:):)

This is indeed very easily done in Aerofly FS 2 but you didn't have to wait for it: this has been possible in FSX/P3D since day one... ;)

Well... I don't see the point doing trans continental flights if you don't fly the whole time - there are enough inner continental destinations to use if you have only short time available. But of cause, this is just a personal opinion from a GA pilot who likes to feel the wind from the prop in front. :)

I also don't see the point in this but I prefer tanken2's solution over what a lot of other long haulers do: start a flight and then let the computer run for hours and hours and hours while they themselves go shopping or working in the garden or even sleeping... ;) Never understood the fun of that. Waste of resources too.

I also don't like to sit for hours behind the computer so I only do short domestic flights that take maybe an hour and a half at most, usually shorter (30 to 60 minutes). And when I do I never leave the virtual cockpit, if I can help it. I like to be immersed from start to finish. If I don't have the time for a complete flight, I rather don't fly at all.

• This is indeed very easily done in Aerofly FS 2 but you didn't have to wait for it: this has been possible in FSX/P3D since day one... ;)

I haven't seen an option to teleport to another mid air position and also change the altitude easily with a slider. There is fast forward in FSX/P3D and there is the quick move or how its called but none of these really move you to another area without flying past the rest in the middle...

• I haven't seen an option to teleport to another mid air position and also change the altitude easily with a slider. There is fast forward in FSX/P3D and there is the quick move or how its called but none of these really move you to another area without flying past the rest in the middle...

Well, since you asked ;) (taking P3D as an example because I have that one installed): during flight go to Navigation > Map. You will see a little black icon of your plane. You can click-drag and drop that icon anywhere you want to to reposition your plane! What's more, on the right of the map you can even type in the Latitude and Longitude to reposition your plane extremely precisely, even to the other side of the world (so even without having to manually scroll the map around)!

You can also type in the desired Altitude of your plane (like you can drag the alt in AFS2), the desired Heading (like you can drag the hdg in AFS2) and even the desired Airspeed (which actually is something you can't do in AFS2).

I have to say that this all works more smooth and convenient in AFS2 (the map in P3D is slow) but the options are there and have been there for years.

BTW I do think a lot, if not most, of FSX/P3D users don't even know about this feature. ;)

Edited once, last by J van E (September 19, 2018 at 10:03 PM).

• Well... I don't see the point doing trans continental flights if you don't fly the whole time ...

I also don't see the point in this but I prefer tanken2's solution over what a lot of other long haulers do: start a flight and then let the computer run for hours and hours and hours while they themselves go shopping or working in the garden or even sleeping...

But of course this is what real transcontinental pilots do. They might take off, fly for a while, then a relief crew steps in. They return only for landing.

• But of course this is what real transcontinental pilots do. They might take off, fly for a while, then a relief crew steps in. They return only for landing.

Good point. :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• what I'm also getting at is how to make the remote few scenery's available into some sort of flight for the big tin 747 (best plane ever built and still being built and sold). Also the way the navigation is set up is so user friendly . Also some aircraft dont like being spawned , if you have a route set up in the FMC.

• But of course this is what real transcontinental pilots do. They might take off, fly for a while, then a relief crew steps in. They return only for landing.

Suggestions for IPACS: "Skip to Waypoint" -feature.

When we reach TOC - it is desirable to have the opportunity to skip long "cruise distances" - until just before TOD (takeoff from Amsterdam - skip long "cruise distances" - and land in New York).