Go Faster Aero Scenery

• From a non computer expert this is what happened today. I have noticed using Aero Scenery that on the odd occasion an error message came up on the Win 7 task bar stating that the Nvidia GPU stopped and has restarted or something like that.

Today I removed the latest Nvidia GPU driver and did a clean install with a 3 year old Nvidia driver.

The results using Aero Scenery have been incredible.

What took hours is now taking only minutes to compile.

Strange things computers!

Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Over the past few weeks I experimented compiling the ttc files with the internet connected as normal and then disconnected in my Win 7 OS.

I can now confirm that eight tiles took the best part of 24 hours to complete whilst connected to the internet and on another occasion only 8 hours when the internet was disconnected.

Satellite image resolution at 2.389 and levels 9, 10. 12 and 13 selected.

That's computers for you?

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (October 14, 2018 at 9:56 PM).

• Over the past few weeks I experimented compiling the ttc files with the internet connected as normal and then disconnected in my Win 7 OS.

I can now confirm that eight tiles took the best part of 24 hours to complete whilst connected to the internet and on another occasion only 8 hours when the internet was disconnected.

Satellite image resolution at 2.389 and levels 9, 10. 12 and 13 selected.

That's computers for you?

Almost certainly what's happening here is that GeoConvert is starting over again, probably multiple times.

I've found that resizing the GeoConvert window, or even moving the GeoConvert window can make this happen. It sometimes happens with no observable reason.

Sadly, GeoConvert as it stands right now is full of bugs.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back and your comments duly noted. I just leave the computer compiling over night and it works perfectly OK.

I do appreciate ALL the time and effort you have put into this software which has enabled me and others to build our own photo scenery.

Kindest Regards,

Michael.

• I dont know if this is the right thread but can anyone tell me why my computer almost completly freezes when i use aerscenery geoconvert tool an my mouse looks like it has been taken over remotely

I-74790 cpu win10 gtx1080TI 32 gb ram 2x1TB ssd:P