ORBX Palm Springs International - Coming Soon to AFS2!

• G'day guys,

I thought I might post a few screenshots of my latest airport for Aerofly - Palm Springs Intl in Southern California. This has been a project going on behind the scenes for some time now, and aside from a few last tweaks, is very close to release. I chose this airport as, much like Monterey and Eagle County, it is located in the heart of the default scenery areas, and as such is surrounded by plenty of beautiful (default) scenery to explore. The airport itself includes an enormous coverage area, a highly-detailed rendition of the airport and city, dozens of landmarks, and even a special helipad feature in anticipation of the R22 :) The cultivation is hand-placed and highly detailed, as is the photoreal base. I've used the IPACS-recommended workflow as much as possible to ensure best optimization and performance within the sim.

Unfortunately there isn't a release date just yet, but I can assure you it's not too far off :) As with my other airports, this will be released through ORBXdirect first, and then via Steam a little while later.

These are a small selection of the screenshots; for more detailed information and (many) more pictures, please feel free to visit the main announcement topic over at ORBX.

Cheers,

Jarrad

ORBX Lead Airport Developer: Innsbruck | Palm Springs | Monterey | Eagle County | Jackson Hole

Edited once, last by Jarrad - ORBX ().

• My favorite ORBX developer! ^^
    Really looking forward to it! It looks great!! :thumbup:
    thanks for the sneak peak

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3

• Wohooo!

My favorite test location is finally getting a much improved look!

It's so funny that they actually write on the taxiway that it is not the runway you should land on. I'd love to hear how many people have done it before they decided to add the big red labels on the ground.

• Wohooo!

My favorite test location is finally getting a much improved look!

It's so funny that they actually write on the taxiway that it is not the runway you should land on. I'd love to hear how many people have done it before they decided to add the big red labels on the ground.

Maybe they are worried about Harrison Ford coming for a visit........ ^^

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• It's so funny that they actually write on the taxiway that it is not the runway you should land on. I'd love to hear how many people have done it before they decided to add the big red labels on the ground.

Apparently it used to happen all the time. If you have a read of this NTSB report (page 6 onwards), you can even see the much-more-drastic markings they had back in the mid-'90s.

Cheers,

ORBX Lead Airport Developer: Innsbruck | Palm Springs | Monterey | Eagle County | Jackson Hole

• Looks excellent and a definite purchase for me! Hope to see Sedona as well.

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64

• Orbx's Palm Springs Intl is like a whole new DLC being added. There is so much premium area being added and so very many custom quality items to see and do. Huge new playground for the R-22 for sure. 8o

Thanks Jarrad,

Regards,

Ray Marshall

Just about everything you see in this screenshot (except my special Learjet) will be upgraded with the Orbx Palm Springs Intl for AFS2. Wow.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• Ok team, time to release the R22 now ;)

Thanks Jarrad, time for my second film on KSPS

For the gang here, that was my original video i made 4 years ago

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4