ORBX Palm Springs Intl - Now Available!

• G'day everyone,

Thank you all for the wonderful support over the weekend for Palm Springs; as I promised on Friday, it's now ready for you all to pick up your copy!

https://orbxdirect.com/product/kpsp/afs2

Whilst we will be releasing it on Steam too, we haven't locked down a release date for that version just yet. If you own KPSP for FSX/P3Dv4, you will also receive a 40% discount (discount only applies if purchased from orbxdirect.com).

Anyway, please enjoy the scenery :) This project has been a long time in the making, and I do very much hope it brings you many (many!) hours of entertainment.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Key Features

• Ultra-detailed rendition of KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
    • Enormous 1500sq km coverage
    • Beautiful hand-edited ground textures at 30cm/1m resolution
    • Impeccable 10m high res mesh
    • High-detail ground poly with bump/spec mapping
    • All-new custom vegetation cultivation
    • Dozens of custom landmarks
    • Palm Springs Aerial Tramway helipads
    • Unique static aircraft and vehicles exclusive to KPSP
    • Extraordinarily detailed Airport Terminal
    • Incredible virtual reality integration: optimized for performance and smoothness
    • Extreme high-density vegetation and building cultivation
    • 3D Night lighting for the entire city
    • Advanced rendering, ambient occlusion and unique night-lighting techniques used for maximum realism
    • Custom animated content
    • Orbx PeopleFlow technology
    • Designed to blend seamlessly with default Aerofly scenery
    • Incredible performance on even mid-range systems - far superior to FSX/P3D/XP11!

ORBX Lead Airport Developer: Innsbruck | Palm Springs | Monterey | Eagle County | Jackson Hole

• It's a good scenery. I always liked it in FSX and its just as nice in Aerofly!

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Quick download, super easy install w/ FTX Central. Flying 5 minutes from purchase. nice.

Heavy duty cultivation. Lots to explore. Wish we had the R-22 available.

Thanks Jarrad.

Regards,

Ray

Hey Jarrad,

Could you look into adding Orbx BOB to AFS2? It sure would be nice to be able to walk around Palm Springs and checkout all the new items in great detail. I am especially enjoying the mini aircraft museum displays.

Regards,

Ray

I noticed the ground radar is animated as I taxied to the WWII museum, along with several volunteers and guests. nice.

Regards,

Ray

• Could you look into adding Orbx BOB to AFS2? It sure would be nice to be able to walk around Palm Springs and checkout all the new items in great detail. I am especially enjoying the mini aircraft museum displays.

Just use the developer camera, Ctrl-F8 then W or S keys to go forwards or back in the direction you're looking.

Confusingly, to met at least, Ctrl-F8 or Esc does not exit the developer camera. You need to go back to an "in-plane" camera (number keys), then press Esc.

Also looking forward to buying this and flying when I get time this week. :)

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Just use the developer camera, Ctrl-F8 then W or S keys to go forwards or back in the direction you're looking.

Confusingly, to met at least, Ctrl-F8 or Esc does not exit the developer camera. You need to go back to an "in-plane" camera (number keys), then press Esc.

Also looking forward to buying this and flying when I get time this week. :)

Thanks Nick,

The Developers Camera is certainly better than nothing, but the controls sure could use some work. I can't seem to move away from my starting point - meaning I can move around with the hat key and W and move back with the S key but I can't move to another location. I go to an inplane (pilots seat) location and tap ESC and it takes me out of the flight sim. duh.

Regards,

Ray

• The Developers Camera is certainly better than nothing, but the controls sure could use some work.

Yeah, the controls aren't that great. Slew with A and D should be made to work.

Trick is to use the mouse to look where you want to go, or I suppose literally look where you want to go in VR, then use W to more towards where you're looking.

You can go anywhere you want with it when you get the hang of it.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• I added two more Parking Locations - the front and back of the Aviation Museum. If you want the tsc code, pm me.

We have some automotive animation near the tower along with the rotating radar antenna across the way. The sweeper is hard at work along with a lot of new faces. Checkout the golf car driver at the museum. There are probably a ton of rotating wind turbines down or up the valley.

Good to see elevated helipads starting to show up. Must be a good sign. This will be a great place to use the developer camera, for sure.

Regards,

Ray

• Jarrad, you did a great job. Many thanks to you.

I have just bought, installed and flown a round. So many details.

I'm very impressed.

And thanks to IPACS for AF2, without whose work we would not have admired the great work of Jarrad.

But we need a chopper, now!

Jakob

• Any performance reports will be appreciated😀.

Windows 7 (64-Bit), Asus Sabertooth (Intel Z87) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0, Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Cooling Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, GDDR5, PCIe, 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II.