Stuttering problem with eGPU

• Hi.

I have noticed problem with FS 2, on my iMac when I am using external GPU (Blackmagic with Radeon RX 580) connected by thunderbolt 3. I have constant 60 FPS with Vsync, but every few seconds game freezes for about 1 second (no mather if I am flying over heavilly populated area or not). The same problem appears in FS 1, but other games, 3D applications or GPU benchmarks works correctly. When I am using internal RX 555 this problem does not appear but this card is a bit too weak for flying over some more populated areas. Have maybe anyone noticed similar problem.

• Both of these GPU's are fairly weak for Aerofly. I would suggest either upgrading to a NVidia GPU or reduce your graphics settings. Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done from the Aerofly side as this is hardware limitation issues.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thank you for answer.

I know that there are not very powerfull cards, but strange think is that stuttering appears only when using external GPU and does not depend on my screen resolution or graphic settings. No mather if I am using the lowest or the highest possible graphic settings. Most of time I have very smooth 60 FPS, but every few seconds game freezes regularly for short time. Problem is present on FS 1 too, which dose not use even all of GPU power (basing on GPU monitoring utillity). Strange is that this problem does not appear when I am using internal RX 555 which is weaker than 580.