Orbx True Earth UK

• Hi All - just letting you know that I posted a message on the Orbx forum today about an update and whether London will be included.

John Venema has replied to everyone stating that the "big reveal" will be this Saturday at a flight sim event, followed by posts on their social pages - this announcement will also include GB South (hopefully London)!

• That'll be TE GB for XP11 only though afaik... I wouldn't expect TE GB for AFS2 any time this year.

• I have been awaiting the release of TE GB for XP11... I figured it would come at a later time for AFS2... I'm happy to learn I may be wrong on that assumption. I guess I'll have to look into buying it for both sims. If it is as good as TE Neitherlands for AFS2 is it will be worth the price of entry.

Thanks to John Venema for the hint! :)

Thank you & Best regards,

Tom Wunder

• Great news. Yet it's a pity Aerofly FS 2 does not come first. Xplane VR performance is pretty bad, and I am sure TrueEarth UK will make it crawl.

For Pimax 5K and X-plane, I got only 27 fps in an ordinary Ortho4xp and World2xp scenery at middle graphic setting on 2080Ti.

As I said, even FS 2 struggles on Pimax 5k/8k, but it's the only civilian flight simulator that's playable on the new headsets with everything maxed out.

Edited once, last by frui (October 3, 2018 at 12:56 PM).

• frui,

I'm a little confused about your poor Pimax 5k+/8K performance since others are reporting much better performance with DCS which we all know to be much slower than AFS2. This video discusses at length - particularly at 6:50 or so:

Also, it appears that the equivalent of Rift ASW is not available for Pimax yet? We will need it.

Edited once, last by whitav8 (October 3, 2018 at 2:50 PM).

• frui,

I'm a little confused about your poor Pimax 5k+/8K performance since others are reporting much better performance with DCS which we all know to be much slower than AFS2. This video discusses at length - particularly at 6:50 or so:

Also, it appears that the equivalent of Rift ASW is not available for Pimax yet? We will need it.

Tom's hardware posted a review of the 8k which was very unsettling, however a lot of people have been critical of the quality of the review. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pimax-…-vr,5818-2.html

• frui,

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was using much higher pitool setting than SweViver (1.5 and 2.0), and I am using the most demanding DLC of Aerofly FS 2: TrueEarth Netherland Amsterdam Airport. Everything in my FS 2 is maxed out, and I got over 50 fps. Also my CPU is 4790K, but I do have one better component than him: 2080 Ti.

• frui

How about also trying the stock airport at San Francisco 01R (Jungmeister aircraft) and also maybe a set of more high to medium FS2 graphic settings. For example, the regular monitor HD (1920x1080) resolution performance in that situation should be maybe 150 fps or so - and then repeat with Pimax.

Thanks much (we want to hear what performs well - especially before we get "ASW" (half frame) capability. Once the update rate is OK, then focus on the image quality reports. I want to get a Pimax! Do you think the SteamVR software is slowing down the performance at all?

Dave W.

• but I do have one better component than him: 2080 Ti.

Yah, mine arrived today.

Playtime!!

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Yah, mine arrived today.

Playtime!!

You lucky man! I just got an email from nVidia that the shipping of the 2080Ti that I purchased within 10 minutes of the web-sale opening, has been deferred to “ship by 23rd October”. Ohh well..........

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• I don't think they even mentioned FS 2 in their announcement. They said the P3D version would be available later this year.

Their site said this:

"We always intended to release TrueEarth Great Britain as three separate regions, just like we did for the original UK FTX Regions. However, we cannot release them based on geographical boundaries as with did for the FTX regions, because the only correct way to distribute mesh based sceneries for X-Plane is using 1-degree tiles. For this reason we have split GB into South, Central and North as you can see in the map. We will also split TrueEarth GB for P3Dv4 and AFS2 in the same way to keep the product line consistent between simulators."

I guess AFS2 is Aerofly FS2 :)

• Their site said this:

"We always intended to release TrueEarth Great Britain as three separate regions, just like we did for the original UK FTX Regions. However, we cannot release them based on geographical boundaries as with did for the FTX regions, because the only correct way to distribute mesh based sceneries for X-Plane is using 1-degree tiles. For this reason we have split GB into South, Central and North as you can see in the map. We will also split TrueEarth GB for P3Dv4 and AFS2 in the same way to keep the product line consistent between simulators."

I guess AFS2 is Aerofly FS2 :)

I totally missed that! Thanks for the heads ups!