Aeroscenery question?

• I have downloaded the highest resolution tiles for the Las Vegas surrounding area at zoom level 20 and had afs level 14 and 15 converted and all is well and scenery looks high res beautiful but tiles rendered this high are only appearing directly around where I am flying. These high res tiles are popping in and out in relation to where my plane is and I want to extend These tiles to load further out so The high resolution scenery appears high res uniformly. Is there a way to get the high res tiles to load up around me and further out where I am heading? I would like to see the high res tiles loaded further out but don't know how to do this yet, any help for me out there? I really appreciate all the help from you. I'm still learning quite a bit.

Edited once, last by Trucktheusa (October 3, 2018 at 7:20 PM).

• I can't speak directly to the Aeroscenery application but our graphics engine reads distances at levels, so to see further out or at higher altitudes you will need to add more levels. When we make scenery we normally render levels 9.10.11.14, and 15. Adding more lower levels will fill this in for you.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• thanks for the speedy reply, I'm not sure if this can be done using just aeroscenery as it is right now. When i used to use tileproxy for fsx scenery you could alter the scenery levels to achieve what I am attempting to do but I don't know how to do this with aeroscenery. Maybe there will be an option for adjusting the scenery rings in the next version or maybe it is already there but I have not found it yet. Are there any areas that iPacs has done yet to show off highest res achievable where scenery is rendered to level 20 - 0.149, I would love to see this for maybe Hawaii? Thx for the great sim.

• thanks for the speedy reply, I'm not sure if this can be done using just aeroscenery as it is right now. When i used to use tileproxy for fsx scenery you could alter the scenery levels to achieve what I am attempting to do but I don't know how to do this with aeroscenery. Maybe there will be an option for adjusting the scenery rings in the next version or maybe it is already there but I have not found it yet. Are there any areas that iPacs has done yet to show off highest res achievable where scenery is rendered to level 20 - 0.149, I would love to see this for maybe Hawaii? Thx for the great sim.

You'll need to convert at lower AFS levels also (9,10,11,12) to see them "higher up".

A forum member here, crispy136 wrote an excellent guide for AeroScenery that covers how grid squares are used in AFS, well worth a read.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…oscenery-guide/

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly