Is water the most obvious bottle neck now?

• We all love Aerofly FS 2 and we all know it is great, and we all know there are several important things missing: ATC, weather, road traffic, etc. We also know IPACS has limited hands and we shouldn't expect every wish realized at once. Should there be priorities? Maybe someting should be concentrated first? But that might lead to more disputes, as everybody has his own priority. So I am just suggesting my own preference, which is 3D water. Here is the reason: I think the static water is the most inconsistent element in the FS world. The graphics of FS 2 is so beautiful that it is easily a generation ahead of all other competitors, yet its water is even uglier than FSX. The more I think about it, the more I feel this is something that should be given more priority.

Let's see it from another perspective: VR. FS 2 is the most VR friendly flight sim. That's one of its biggest selling point. We know VR is born for sim and it's the future of sim, even if it might not be the future of all games. Now here comes the problem: VR magnifies the ugliness of static water to the unbearable degree. By next year headsets of higher resolution will come, and the problem of static water will be further be magnified, and it will be more incompatible with the 3D virtual world. So if you believe in VR, we'd also believe in 3D water.

If we believe in 3D water, then it would be better to implant it sooner than later. The world of FS 2 is expanding, with big player such as Orbx and Aerosoft. If we have to convert every DLC for the realization of 3D water, we'd better do it now to save time and resource in the future.

Edited 2 times, last by frui (October 14, 2018 at 6:32 PM).

• Should there be priorities? Maybe someting should be concentrated first? But that might lead to more disputes, as everybody has his own priority. So I am just suggesting my own preference, which is 3D water.

You apparently missed the fact there IS a priority already: ATC. :) Obviously other things are being worked on too but ATC has priority, for quite some time already too (2 years maybe, I'm not sure).