Buecker 181 Bestmann / Gomhouria MK.6

• Any final touches before release? 8o

Regards,

Ray

I like your humor, Ray 8o

There is not terribly much to show at the moment. Between Christmas and New Year we have done some work on the real Bücker, so I have been able to record all the sounds, including the engine from in- and outside. Partly I have those sound files in the sim already, but mapping them takes still time.

Also, I'm still optimizing the pilot, much work, but not much to see..

Cheers,

Kai

• Thanks for your kind words, Didier! :)

I could for sure release it much faster, but my big goal is to have the same "feeling", regardless if I climb into the real cockpit or put the VR glasses on. When I was now at Christmas opening the canopy after a long time again, my first thought was "Okay the typical smell of a wooden plane is missing in VR, otherwise I was "here" last night. So, I think, I'm on a good way.

I have still one small scenery project to finish, but then I'm fully back on the Bücker. I hope, I can show something end of the week.

Kai

• Thanks for your kind words, Didier! :)

I could for sure release it much faster, but my big goal is to have the same "feeling", regardless if I climb into the real cockpit or put the VR glasses on. When I was now at Christmas opening the canopy after a long time again, my first thought was "Okay the typical smell of a wooden plane is missing in VR, otherwise I was "here" last night. So, I think, I'm on a good way.

I have still one small scenery project to finish, but then I'm fully back on the Bücker. I hope, I can show something end of the week.

Kai

What you tell makes me even more impatient, and for the smells, there are more and more projects in this direction, we may even have it quite soon.

If you ever need beta tester, it's when you want ;)

"Bon courage" for the end of your project

Regards

Didier

Edited once, last by drassaud (January 14, 2019 at 11:05 PM).

• Hi,

I think, those are last renders from Max. A few small parts are left, but nothing to mention.

Something necessary..

Something useful...

(Does someboby find the dumb mistake I made?)

...and something unnecessary.

But I think, it brings a bit life into the cockpit

And at last; pilot at work

Slowly I can start with all the specular- and bump maps of the cockpit, plus rendering the ambient occlusions.

Kai

• Hi,

(Does someboby find the dumb mistake I made?)

Kai

WOW ! Nice Details ! !

( i have the mistake : the scala in the compass swapped left and right , turn left .. will get smaller ° in real life :) ) ?

Achja ... mit der 2017ner Icao darfste auch nicht mehr fliegen :) :)

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

Edited once, last by higgy (January 20, 2019 at 3:33 AM).

• Thank you for all your nice comments. It certainly helps a lot to keep the motivation up. :)

( i have the mistake : the scala in the compass swapped left and right , turn left .. will get smaller ° in real life :) ) ?

Exactly. :thumbup:

I must admit, I wasn't thinking much when creating the textures. While testing I first turned to the East (which is the starting point for the animation) and thought "wow, working on the first try", turned to the South and saw North on the compass.... But those things are the easiest to fix.

Achja ... mit der 2017ner Icao darfste auch nicht mehr fliegen :) :)

Hehe, darauf hab ich schon gewartet :D

Ich bin letztes Jahr so wenig in Deutschland geflogen, dass sich ein eigener Satz nicht gelohnt hat. Als Notlösung habe ich die 2017er abfotogafiert. Entweder warte ich bis die Neuen da sind oder ich mach in Photoshop aus der 7 eine 9.

Kai

• Am besten so mit Filsstift die 7 durchstreichen und die 9 daneben schreiben. XD Kleiner Gag zum Entdecken.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Am besten so mit Filsstift die 7 durchstreichen und die 9 daneben schreiben. XD Kleiner Gag zum Entdecken.

So da? 8o

The German comments were about the outdated ICAO / sectional chart. I didn't buy an own set last year, as I was only flying some 15-20 hours in Germany (using my fathers set instead). So I used the 2017 chart to create the texture. Above flightextreme's suggestion for the update. Not sure if I leave it.. :D

Kai

Edited 2 times, last by kai503 (January 20, 2019 at 11:16 AM).

• Hi,

Time for the weekly update. There is now less and less to show in pictures, but it's going very well forward.

First; aerodynamics.

The real Bücker is fully aerobatic approved. Well, to be more precise; all Bestmann's, except the German registrated Gomhourias. Unfortunately, they didn't do some required stress tests when importing the first ones and making the additional certificate.
    So, what she's able to do, is the smooth, classic aerobatic style. Additionally, at low speed she's giving up her nice behavior, stalls over the wing with a tendency to spin.

This is my goal. Thanks to the pretty good documentation and the great help from Jan, I made this week some progress already (and spinning almost into the ground, cause it's so fun :S).

As I was writing before, I'm not too keen to show pics from the cockpit yet, but here is something I like to share:

So the VOR is working, but needs some small fixing.

I know, I have been writing "still needs fixing" and "fine tuning" pretty often already and that is, what I have been doing half of the week.

For example, size of the wheels corrected and a transparency problem at the root of the propeller fixed.

Btw. this is my South Germany scenery after some colour adustments. It's like somebody would have whipped the clouds away, compared to the original Google imagery :)

If somebody ist interested in the Photoshop "recipe", just write me a pm.

Kai

Edited once, last by kai503 (January 26, 2019 at 1:35 AM).