R-22 Tidbits?

• They are awfully quiet recently, so now I'm doing other things while we wait........

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• It's funny, I come here twice a day to see if it's out 8o

You only check twice a day? Actually I'm not too bothered about the R22 but I'd love ATC and the virtual pad to bring approach plates and other documentation into the cockpit.

• It has been much too quiet lately. Jeff, how about an update on the status of any of the desired features?

It will be ready when it is ready isn't really a road map. I have pretty much given up on ever seeing any of the features I have been waiting on for two years now.

Prove me wrong! Let us know what is in the near, mid, and long term future. We have been very quietly patient for a long time now.

• Interestingly, I just watched the Helicopters documentation on the Modern Marvels on the History channel on Directv S9 E2 which makes it fairly old. Robinson was one of the narrators and explained his approach to building low cost helicopters. Starts off with the Army and Coast Guard choppers.

Regards,

Ray

• Here's some stuff I've found on the Aerofly R-22 via google:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/15…uck-on-the-r22/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://www.helisimmer.com/previews/new-look-r22-ipacs-afs2/

Found an nice R22 AF2 Video

• I feel a bit more news will benefit the community, even If it's to talk about work in progress stuff.

They guys from a popular weather engine in another sim took a similar approach and all the community seems quite pleased knowing what is going on through early screenshots, or knowing about problems the devs are facing.

It's all about getting the people excited and talking about what is coming...

• It has been much too quiet lately. Jeff, how about an update on the status of any of the desired features?

It will be ready when it is ready isn't really a road map. I have pretty much given up on ever seeing any of the features I have been waiting on for two years now.

Prove me wrong! Let us know what is in the near, mid, and long term future. We have been very quietly patient for a long time now.

I totally agree with what you say but the problem is that everything apart from the R22 is long term feature. ATC really won’t be released anytime soon, Jeff said this about it: “ATC is still in development but will be quite some time before we get anything worth a public release” so... what else is there to say? There simply isn’t happening much. Which is why I personally lost all interest in AFS2 for now, at least until TE GB has been released, but even then I don’t expect to spend much time with AFS2. But honestly, that’s fine with me. AFS2 is a promise for the future. I think (or hope) that in 5 or 10 years or so AFS2 may have become a serious contender for the other flightsim. Until then all we can do is enjoy AFS2 for what it is. Or not. Plenty of other sims to enjoy so... no big deal.

One thing is certain though: you shouldn’t WAIT for anything when it comes to AFS2 because that will only frustrate you. Enjoy it for what it is or move on, for now at least.