Hand and finger tracking

• This is good news. VR gloves, leap motion etc have been work-in-progress for a long time but never fully embraced by the big players. Now Vive is taking it seriously and releasing code to developers.

https://www.roadtovr.com/htc-plans-brin…cking-vive-pro/

Camera based finger tracking may have problems for people wanting to reach behind them in some bow and arrow game but its no issue for us. We'll always be looking at the control device we're wanting to adjust.

• the only thing I think would be helpful, at least with Leap in FS2, is the ability to see your hand, but not be active to manipulate the controls unless you hit a button. It really is full immersion without having to use those clumsy controllers. I'm not sure how anyone thinks holding something in their hand add to the VR experience. The Flyinside guys nailed Leap integration in their new sim.

• I agree direct hand tracking can give better immersion than hanging on to a controller.

The lack of haptic feed back is not a big deal to me. An audio cue on "touch" would be an acceptable substitute.

There would have to be some sort of gesture mapping to provide the equivalent of controller button selection.

Looking forward to developments in this area. :thumbup:

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• They already stated they don't intend on doing anything else to the VR hands. They don't mind spending countless hours with their "pet" projects, but ask them to improve something, and they say they don't have time nor the interest, and that they decided it is perfect as-is. Reminds me of communist Russia, lol. The fact that the scenery, for example, is developed and released in the priority of because it's dear to someone's heart and not because of demand, or due to user requests, should tell you all you need to know.