Clock in the Dr400

• I've tweaked the DR400 to show its ASI in knots. Does anyone know how to put a clock in one of those blank spaces? Do you have some generic stuff I can use Jet-Pack (IPACS) . I mainly like to fly by pilotage and VORs and a clock is pretty handy in these situations.

• Hi Phil,

you can do that, just copy paste the code sections from clock of the default cessna 172, change the texture target coordinates, add it to the render list (if the texture you are rendering to is already in use or make a new one if this texture has not been rendered to before) and you should have a working clock...

Alternatively you can adjust the 3D model, reassign textures to the blank area and then render to just that new texture.

• Hi Phil,

you can do that, just copy paste the code sections from clock of the default cessna 172, change the texture target coordinates, add it to the render list (if the texture you are rendering to is already in use or make a new one if this texture has not been rendered to before) and you should have a working clock...

Alternatively you can adjust the 3D model, reassign textures to the blank area and then render to just that new texture.

Great thanks. So this can be done without running the SDK conversion potentially? Clock related things seem to appear in various places in the c172.tmd. I'll find them all and try to put them in the right places (or can I bundle them all once I've tracked them down) and see what happens.

Am I right in thinking I only need to run the conversion if I need to bring in a new texture?

EDIT: OK tried that. Extracted the following clock related stuff, put it inside the [DynamicObjects] section as one block. I figured it would be in the wrong place and need prettying up, but instead it crashed the DR400 and reset my main.mcf

• Great thanks Jan. I guess there's no short cut to tracing back through all these dependencies and including them ....if I can find them.

• In your text file that you uploaded you have a block of code repeated twice, that's why it tells you duplicate object...

I've looked into the tmd file of the dr400 an it appears it already has a clock in the physics section...

and in the graphics section just add the code

and in the list:

add:

LcdClockHours.Render

LcdClockMinutes.Render

LcdClockSeconds.Render

then there should be a numeric display somewhere on the texture that shows the time...

I've not really tested this particular example but it's not too complicated. All left to do is find out the texture coordinates (lower left corner) where your clock hours, minutes and seconds should go -> TargetPosition

• Thanks Jan. I was going to give up, but I can't do that now after all this help. Sadly still no clock. I've been staring and staring but can't see anything. i put the texture/graphics stuff just before sound objects and added the LCD render code. No errors in tm.log but no new visuals either.

Might they be completely outside the area of the radio kit and I need to put some numbers in that are in the right ballpark before fine tuning position?

• Might they be completely outside the area of the radio kit and I need to put some numbers in that are in the right ballpark before fine tuning position?

There is nothing like that in aerofly.... you can copy the target position, size and scaling from the navigation stuff and use it for the clock, then it should render the clock overtop the navigation "stuff"